As the Church of Scotland in Bellshill we extend a warm welcome to any of our activities. People have been coming to this building to worship God for over a hundred years. While our town has journeyed through many changes over those years, the constancy of the witness of the “Church at 346 Main Street” has remained uninterrupted. The mission of any Church is to reflect through its presence, its music, its fellowship and its beauty the greatness of God, and we seek to do that here in all that we share.
We hope that everyone who enters these doors will find an encouraging, friendly group of people. While we are far from perfect, we are regularly discovering truths that are changing us individually and enriching our lives as a church community. As we worship together, learn from the Bible, and pray for one another, we are strengthened in our commitment to Jesus Christ as well as to each other. If this is your first time here, we welcome you, and invite you to share the joy that we have found.
Our Sunday services continue each week at 11am at 346 Main Street, where we encourage you to #comeasyouare to worship and experience the warmth and love of a Christian family on a journey of faith together.
This coming Sunday, 5th May 2019, our minister Kevin de Beer continues his new sermon series based on his book Fifteen Minutes to Read. This week’s theme is “David slays Goliath”. The bible readings are 1 Samuel 17:38-50 and Mark 8:1-13, our hymns include Jubilate, Lord I lift your Name on high, The Lord’s my Shepherd (Townends version) and Who would true valour see. Our choir sings the beautiful “Jesus the Crucified” from Stainer’s Crucifixion.
Give your kids a good start! Our Sunday school meets each Sunday morning. Children from P1 to S6 are welcome to come along to church, and either gathers in the front pews or in the hall. You’re guaranteed a warm welcome, perhaps some hot chocolate and fun activities.
Tea and Coffee are served after the service on 5th May so please do come through to the hall for friendship and fellowship.
All welcome. #comeasyouare ** Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
On Saturday 4th May at the Imperial Club there’s a Cabaret Night taking place in aid of funds organised to help raise some funds towards the church window replacement, which took place earlier in March. Tickets are £5.00 and available at Church or by seeing Ian Gibb.
- Wednesday at 7.00pm the church bowls club meets. Experienced player or not, you would be welcome to come along.
- Wednesday mornings the Music Makers and Shakers Classes continue at 10.00am and 11.00am. Please check out their own website for more details. They meet each week in our Church Hall. https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/info/659
- Thursdays – the Brownies and Guides meet. The Brownies meet at 6.15pm an the Guides meet at 7.45pm. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- The Friday night club meets next Friday at 7.30pm. They meet fortnightly in the church hall, and have activities for ALL AGES and interests. Crafting, table games, table tennis, toys for the youngsters, Wi-Fi enabled hall. Copious amounts of tea/coffee and goodies! A warm welcome to all.
- The next choir meeting is Friday 5th of May at 7.15pm. in the Church. Choir members should bring their music for Stainer’s Crucifixion
- Rainbows continue on Tuesdays at 6.00pm in the church hall. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
ADVANCE DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Monday 6th May at 7.30pm in the Orbiston Neighbourhood Centre – Anne Guy hosts her very popular Clother’s Show. Tickets available from church on Sundays. Or contact us via Facebook or our website.
- Saturday 11th May at 7.00pm we have a fund raising Race Night in the Bellshill Masonic Hall, helping raise funds for our Church Window replacement which took place in March. Tickets are £5.00 please come along.
- Sunday 12th May at 3pm – Start of Christian Aid week with a BIG SING for all – held at Bellshill Central Parish Church – raising funds for CHRISTIAN AID
Our church website has had a Spring Makeover! http://www.bellshillcentral.church – Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. Please visit the updates which happen regularly, including News Items, details of our worship services, and the Church tour. There are links to our #YouTube channel, #Facebook and #Twitter pages where even more information and insights can be found. Nip online to look at what’s happening.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes Gift of Teamwork, Noah and the Flood, Real hope in a real world. Some videos have had over 400 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE
LOOKING TO HIRE A HALL OR ROOM? We have spaces on most Monday & Tuesday evenings, Friday mornings and afternoons, most Saturdays all day, and Sunday afternoon and evening. Competitive hourly rates for this central location with parking directly opposite. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES
Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.