Here’s a wee update re Central Parish Church and the Church building. We could now open the building for private prayer but for the moment we have decided not to and here’s why we made this decision….
If you came for private prayer we would have to;
- Ask you to wash your hands or sanitise them at the door
- Ask you to wear a mask
- Ask you if you had COVID 19 symptoms, underlying health problems (and turn you away if the answer to any of these was “Yes”)
- Encourage you to sit at a particular seat (we know how much Church people love this!)
- Ask you not to sing
- Ensure you left by another door
- Then clean and sanitise every surface people touched ….
Alternatively you could ….
- Sit and pray in your favourite armchair in your house with a nice mug of tea or coffee ☕️
- Go for a walk, short drive, cycle, run and pray (Yip, praying with your eyes open is allowed)
- Pop round to a Church friend and have a nice chat and wee prayer together in their garden
Talking to God is a conversation that requires no special place, objects, people or words. He loves you and He is listening when you pray, wherever you pray. So, just go for it 👍 🙏
The Church building is temporarily closed but God’s ears and heart are open wide.
We share on our Facebook and twitter channels a prayer or meditative image each morning and night, to help your prayers. We post via this website a Psalm from God’s Word – usually each afternon. These regular updates bring the Church into your Home. The Church has always been it’s people, not merely the buildings. We pray that we will be able to open our doors fully once it is safe to do so, and that we will welcome you in with open arms. Until then the Church is active and present in Bellshill and beyond. We are your Church of Scotland presence in Bellshill please get in touch should you need to. We welcome any contact from the people that we are called to serve.