Sunday worship takes place at Bellshill Central Parish Church at 346 Main Street, on Sunday 29th January at our normal time of 10.45am, when our Minister Rev Kevin de Beer will conduct worship and our Young Church and children’s activities will be available. This is the Sunday nearest to Burns Night, and our choir will lead an introit to the tune Kelvingrove and a sung blessing to Ae fond Kiss. We are sure that our organist will continue a Scottish Theme! Our service includes the readings from Micah 6:1-8, 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 and Matthew 5:1-12. Our sung praise includes Christ Triumphant ever reigning, Bernadette Farrell’s Christ be our Light and the chorus of You shall go out with Joy. The theme is “Creative Hope”. Visitors are always welcome to come along. We are a warm and welcoming church at the heart of our town — Central Church is Central to Bellshill, Central to Christ and Central to YOU!
Our Annual Burns Lunch takes place on Sunday 29th January after the morning service. Tickets priced £3.00 are available from any members of the Fund Raising Group and others at the Church. This regular fellowship and fundraising event is a great social time. Tickets tend to go fast, so be sure not to miss out on the Hagis Neeps and Tattie pies!!
A reminder to Elders and Board Members that the Congregational Board & Kirk Session Meetings take place at 7.30pm on Tuesday 31st January. Minutes are available from Catherine Bryden or Sheena Bowman for those not on email.
As a Church Family we remember the family and friends of Phyllis Abbot Love, whose funeral service took place in the Church on Thursday 19th January. The service, conducted by Rev de Beer remembered this precious woman, who is described by her family as the “strongest, the kindest person, that they could ever have wished to have in their lives”. Phyllis was mother to seventeen children, a gran and a great grandmother. Thanks were expressed to those who were able to contribute to the retiring offering at the service in aid of Alzheimer’s Scotland supporting the ongoing research into dementia.
Our organisations give a warm invitation, and you are warmly welcomed to come and join in:
- The Church Guild – open to both men and women – next meets on Monday 30th January at 1.30pm in the Church Hall. The subject of this week’s meeting is Christian Aid Bolivia (a Guild Project). Liz Morton will offer devotions and Peggy Walker gives the vote of thanks. All welcome.
- The Church Choir meets on Friday 27th January at 7.30pm. We are a friendly bunch of folks who have fun and sing together. We are always looking for new members.
- Our Brownie Pack meets on Thursdays at 6.15pm, and all girls aged 7-10 years are welcome to come along. The Brownie Adventure is about trying new things that teach girls about themselves, their community and their world. The Brownie programme deserves to be called an Adventure. The name reflects the world of new opportunities, challenges and fun that girls become part of when they join.
- Our Rainbows meet on Tuesday nights at 7pm for all girls aged 5-7years. Rainbows – it’s all about learning, it’s all about developing self-confidence, building friendships, learning new things and having fun. Girls get their hands dirty with arts and crafts, getting in touch with nature and playing games – it’s all about learning by doing. Rainbows follow a diverse and engaging programme called the Rainbow Jigsaw, through which they can take part in lots of different activities with girls their own age.
- The Church Guides continue to meet on Thursday’s from 7.45pm for girls aged 10-14 years. The Guide programme is simply what you’ll do as a Guide – from taking part in lots of exciting activities at regular meetings, to special events and trips away. What you do is up to you. You will choose from different badges and awards which will help you learn new skills and try new challenges. You can do some programme independently, and others in small groups of Guides known as Patrols.
- The Bellshill Probus club meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm in the church hall. This is an open club for all local men. Come along and ask for Mr Conquer who will be only too pleased to welcome you to the group.
- Our Church bowling club meets on Wednesdays in the Church hall at 7.30pm. This is a group for all abilities. Here you’ll find a group of friendly competitors, who offer a friendly and supportive environment. A weekly treat of tea and cakes are served up in-between ends.
- Our Friday Night ALL-AGE Club has returned for 2017 on Friday nights at 7pm in the Church Hall, next meeting on Friday 27th January. This bi-weekly club has activities for all ages, table tennis, crafts, games, and refreshments served. Adults, Children and Families come back time and time again.
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire.
Check out our online activities – our website at http://www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com, http://www.facebook.com/bellshillcentralchurch and our YouTube channel. You can find our more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos.