Sunday worship takes place at Bellshill Central Parish Church at 346 Main Street, on Sunday 5th March 2017 at our normal time of 10.45am, when our Minister Rev’d Kevin de Beer will conduct worship and our Young Church and children’s activities will be available. This being the first Sunday of the month we will have tea/coffee and biscuits served after the service to which all are invited.
Our service includes the readings from Galatians 3:10-14 and Romans 3:9-20. Our sung praise includes Come now is the time to worship (a new modern welcoming song), Love Divine all loves excelling (a great and powerful Wesley hymn) and My hope is built on nothing less. The theme is “Paul on Jews and Christians”. Visitors are always welcome to come along.
Next Sunday, 12th March, we celebrate as a family the
sacrament of Holy Communion. The sacrament of communion is open to all who love the Lord in heart, mind and in soul. “This do in Remembrance of me”
We are starting preparing our Easter Passion Play for Easter Sunday. It will once again involve all ages and anyone is welcome to take part. We need people to play our roles, be part of a crowd, and to join our Jerusalem Singers! Contact us at the church if you want to take part. Easter Sunday is one of our major services to which we welcome anyone from our town to take part in the day we celebrate the Lord Jesus raising to life.
We are a warm and welcoming church at the heart of our town — Central Church is Central to Bellshill, Central to Christ and Central to YOU!
We are a Parish Church, and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Our minister, Rev Kevin de Beer, is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. Each week in our Sunday Service we offer prayers for those needing remembered. If you would like to add names to our prayers, or require the services of your local Parish Church please get in touch – contact details are available on our website and our church notice board.
Our organisations give a warm invitation, and you are warmly welcomed to come and join in:
- The Church Guild – open to both men and women – next meets on Monday 3rd March when we join in our World Day of Prayer services – held at the Salvation Army at 3pm and Viewpark Parish Church at 7.30pm. The theme, prepared in the Philippines is “Am I being unfair to you”. The Presbyterial Annual Business meeting takes place on Thurs 2nd March at St John’s Church Hamilton.
- The Church Choir meets on Friday 3rd March at 7.30pm, in the church hall. We are a friendly bunch of folks who have fun and sing together. The following week we meet on Thursday 9th at 7.30pm in the Church (please note the change of day that week). Tea time is always a highlight. We are always looking for new members.
- Our Brownie Pack meets on Thursdays at 6.15pm, and all girls aged 7-10 years are welcome to come along. The Brownie Adventure is about trying new things that teach girls about themselves, their community and their world. The Brownie programme deserves to be called an Adventure. The name reflects the world of new opportunities, challenges and fun that girls become part of when they join.
- Our Rainbows meet on Tuesday nights at 7pm for all girls aged 5-7years. Rainbows – it’s all about learning, it’s all about developing self-confidence, building friendships, learning new things and having fun. Girls get their hands dirty with arts and crafts, getting in touch with nature and playing games – it’s all about learning by doing. Rainbows follow a diverse and engaging programme called the Rainbow Jigsaw, through which they can take part in lots of different activities with girls their own age.
- The Church Guides continue to meet on Thursday’s from 7.45pm for girls aged 10-14 years. The Guide programme is simply what you’ll do as a Guide – from taking part in lots of exciting activities at regular meetings, to special events and trips away. What you do is up to you. You will choose from different badges and awards which will help you learn new skills and try new challenges. You can do some programme independently, and others in small groups of Guides known as Patrols.
- The Bellshill Probus club meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm in the church hall. This is an open club for all local men. Come along and ask for Mr Conquer who will be only too pleased to welcome you to the group.
- Our Church bowling club meets on Wednesdays in the Church hall at 7 pm. This is a group for all abilities. Here you’ll find a group of friendly competitors, who offer a friendly and supportive environment. A weekly treat of tea and cakes are served up in-between ends.
- Our Friday Night ALL-AGE Club has returned for 2017 on Friday nights at 7pm in the Church Hall, next meeting on Friday 10th March. This bi-weekly club has activities for all ages, table tennis, crafts, games, and refreshments served. Adults, Children and Families come back time and time again.
Advance dates for your diary
- Communion Service in the Church at 10.45am on Sunday 12th March
- Holy Week services are due to start on Wednesday 12 th April, and these town services are led by ministers from the Church of Scotland, United Free and EU Churches among others. Please do take this opportunity to share in these joint services preparing for Easter.
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
our YouTube channel. You can find our more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos.