Sunday’s service on 29th October at Bellshill Central is at 11am led by Rev Kevin de Beer. Readings are Romans 8:18-30 and Revelation 21:1-5. Hymns include Come down O love divine, Lord the light of your love, Abba father with Meekness and majesty, Before the throne of God above and Crown him with many crowns. If you want a Church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill then look no further. We would be delighted to welcome you. Let us build a house where all can dwell – All are welcome in this place!
Next Sunday (Sunday 5th November) is the first Sunday of the month when we continue our worship and fellowship in the Hall after the service with tea coffee and refreshments. Please do come and join with us.
Please visit our new Prayer page on our website – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin.
Our prayer book continues to be available in the main vestibule of the church. We offer prayer for those asking for specific people and circumstances each week during worship. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Our minister, Rev Kevin de Beer, is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our minister, Revd Kevin December Beer, continues in his weekly live “Word on Wednesday” via Facebook. These involve a short 5-10 minute reflection, bible passage and prayer. We’d encourage you to look us up (Kevin De Beer and Bellshill Central Parish Church) to keep up to date. Kevin launched his “First Steps” book. Please look this up on Amazon, or contact Kevin for a copy as we hope to spread the Gospel message that little bit further in Bellshill and Mossend. Look up the hashtag #wordonwednesday
In preparation for our annual Christmas Afternoon Tea, taking place on 2nd December, we have asked for donations of boxes of biscuits, shortbread, chocolates and there is a barrel at the front of the church each week for anyone dropping items off. More details of the Afternoon tea and the Shoppers Carol service to follow.
All sections of Bellshill Central’s Girl Guiding units have started back with places available for girls in all sections.
• Rainbows meet on Tuesdays at 6pm aged 5-7yrs
• Brownies meet on Thursdays at 6.15pm aged 7-10yrs
• Guides meet on Thursdays at 7.45pm aged 10yrs plus
The Rainbow unit currently has no places available for new girls, but please visit the Rainbows website to be placed on the waiting lost or to find out about other local units.
GROUP NEWS AND ACTIVITIES
· Church choir meets this Wednesdsay 25th October and then on Wednesday 1st November at 7.30pm each week.
· Carpet bowls also meets this evening (Wednesday) at 7.00pm in the church hall. Good fun, jokes, tea and occasional bowls take place. All are welcome!
· The church guild meets next on Monday 30th October at 1.30pm when they have a speaker from Mission International Haiti (the guild project this year) his name is Ross McFarlane. The following Monday is a Catch-up day with a Halloween Party!
· The probus club meets in our church hall on Wednesday afternoons at 1pm. All welcomed to come along. Speak with Mr Conquer when you come along.
· The Friday night club meets weekly until Christmas, on Fridays at 7.00pm in the church hall. This is a family club for all ages, taking in loads of different crafts like card making, knitting, cross stitch, painting and lots more, we also play Table Tennis and drink tea. Come and join us. We are looking at making lots of craft items for the festive season – so many hands make light work! Drew and Jane Aitken are the guys in charge. Message us on Facebook to say you’re coming and we’ll look out for you.
· Young Church meets in the church for the start of the service (11am) when we take part in the first section of the service, after which we go through to the Church Hall for activities, learning and discussion. At Bellshill Central we firmly believe in giving our children and young folks a good start, so we warmly invite and actively encourage you to bring your kids and young folks along – learning together on a journey.
· Music Movers and Shakers meet in the church hall on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm.
· Saturday’s between 10am-1pm, we have the Crazy Toes School of dance using our premises. Please visit our website (Regular activities page) for details and links. The groups would welcome your support.
ADVANCE DATE FOR YOUR DIARY
· Sunday 5th November – teas and coffees served after our morning service
· Sunday 12th November our Sunday service is at 11.30am for remembrance Sunday. The town act of remembrance takes place at the war memorial beforehand. All invited back to Bellshill Central after the act of remembrance for our morning service and wreath laying ceremony. (Please note the later time).
· Sunday 26th November at 11am – Guild led Service, celebrating the Guild projects and also Christ the King Sunday.
· Tuesday 28th November 7.30pm – Board and Session meetings
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – our website at www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com , www.facebook.com/bellshillcentralchurch and our YouTube channel. You can find our more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold. These are usually streamed via YouTube, and links are available from our Facebook and Website addresses.
CONCERT AT DALZIEL ST ANDREW’S: To help our friends and neighbours at Dalziel St Andrew’s Church raise funds to replace their large window over the main front door, a Concert is being held on the evening of Saturday 11 November (7.30). The Concert will feature the much acclaimed Hamilton Caledonian Male Voice Choir. Tickets are now available. Cost is £5.00 which includes refreshments. Please contact their church office to reserve a ticket – 01698 264 097.