Sunday’s service on 26th November at Bellshill Central is at 11.00am led by members of our Church Guild. They will read the scripture lessons and lead the prayers, and also tell us about their current guild projects, and how they can impact our daily lives. The Bible reading will be 1st Corinthians 13. If you want a Church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill then look no further. We would be delighted to welcome you. Let us build a house where all can dwell – All are welcome in this place!
A special day of Prayer takes place this Saturday, 25th November, at Bellshill Central between 11am and 12noon, led by our minister the Rev Kevin de Beer. All are welcome to come along and participate, as we pray for the world, ourselves and situations that concern us. There are two services one at 11am and one at 11.30am.
Our annual Shoppers Carol Service takes place on Saturday 2 December at 12noon in the Church. Everyone is welcome to come along, adults and Children, as we sing well-loved carols, listen to some bible readings and take part in a Christmas story and drama. Activities for children will be available also.
Our second event on 2 December is our Christmas Afternoon Tea, taking place at 1pm straight after our Carol Service, and tickets will be on sale from the Church this weekend. We have asked for donations of boxes of biscuits, shortbread, chocolates and there is a barrel at the front of the church each week for anyone dropping items off.
Please visit our new Prayer page on our website– there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin.
Our prayer book continues to be available in the main vestibule of the church. We offer prayer for those asking for specific people and circumstances each week during worship. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Our minister, Rev Kevin de Beer, is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our minister, Revd Kevin December Beer, continues in his weekly live “Word on Wednesday” via Facebook. These involve a short 5-10 minute reflection, bible passage and prayer. We’d encourage you to look us up (Kevin De Beer and Bellshill Central Parish Church) to keep up to date. Kevin launched his “First Steps” book. Please look this up on Amazon, or contact Kevin for a copy as we hope to spread the Gospel message that little bit further in Bellshill and Mossend. Look up the hashtag #wordonwednesday
All sections of Bellshill Central’s Girl Guiding units meet weekly on:
• Rainbows meet on Tuesdays at 6pm aged 5-7yrs
• Brownies meet on Thursdays at 6.15pm aged 7-10yrs
• Guides meet on Thursdays at 7.45pm aged 10yrs plus
The Rainbow unit currently has no places available for new girls, but please visit the Rainbows website to be placed on the waiting list or to find out about other local units.
GROUP NEWS AND ACTIVITIES
- Church choir meets this Friday 24th November and Wednesday 29th both evenings at 7.30pm.
- Carpet bowls also meet this evening (Wednesday) at 7.00pm in the church hall. Good fun, jokes, tea and occasional bowls take place. All are welcome!
- The church guild meets next on Monday 27th November at 1.30pm – all welcome as we have a St Andrew’s celebration planned. Peggy Walker will lead the devotions that day.
- The Probus club meets in our church hall on Wednesday afternoons at 1pm. All welcomed to come along. Speak with Mr Conquer when you come along.
- The Friday night club meets weekly until Christmas, on Fridays at 7.00pm in the church hall. This is a family club for all ages, taking in loads of different crafts like card making, knitting, cross stitch, painting and lots more, we also play Table Tennis and drink tea. Come and join us. We are looking at making lots of craft items for the festive season – so many hands make light work! Drew and Jane Aitken is the guys in charge. Message us on Facebook to say you’re coming and we’ll look out for you.
- Young Church meets in the church for the start of the service (11am) when we take part in the first section of the service, after which we go through to the Church Hall for activities, learning and discussion. At Bellshill Central we firmly believe in giving our children and young folks a good start, so we warmly invite and actively encourage you to bring your kids and young folks along – learning together on a journey.
- Music Movers and Shakers meet in the church hall on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm.
- Saturday’s between 10am-1pm, we have the Crazy Toes School of dance using our premises. Please visit our website (Regular activities page) for details and links. The groups would welcome your support.
- Tuesday 28th November 7.30pm – Board and Session meetings
- Saturday 2nd December 12.00pm – the Annual Shoppers Carol Service with activities for Children. Then at 1.00pm our Afternoon Christmas Teas with entertainment. Tickets for Afternoon tea available now.
- Sunday 10th December 11.00am – our Winter Communion Service at 11.00am. Tea served afterwards.
- Sunday 17th December at 11 o’clock a special choir lead service of carols readings and hymns for all.
- Sunday 17th December at 6.30pm (sorry wrong time noted last week) – for a Candlelight carol service with some special thoughts on what Christmas means to me, from members of our church family. The church will be dimly lit mainly by candles. Please bring with you a torch or battery-powered candle to add to the atmosphere. It’s usually quite a busy service so do come early. Refreshments served afterwards.
- Sunday 24th December we celebrate Christmas Eve with two services – morning worship at 11.00am and then at 7.00pm for our family service including an All Age Nativity – you are encouraged to wear anything Christmassy (which may be flashing ties, woolly jumpers, festive hats, reindeer antlers or anything else you can think of). Refreshments are served after the 7.00pm service.
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES– our website at www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com, www.facebook.com/bellshillcentralchurch and our YouTube channel. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events, we hold. These are usually streamed via YouTube, and links are available from our Facebook and Website addresses.