Sunday’s service on 3rd December at Bellshill Central is at 11.00am led our minister and friend, the Revd. Kevin de Beer. This Sunday is the start of Advent, we will light the candle of Hope on our Advent Ring. Kevin’s theme for the day is ‘Anticipate’. The scripture will be taken from Psalm 80:1-7, Isaiah 64:1-9 and Mark 13:24-37. Hymns include Advent favourites Hark the Glad Sound and O Come O Come Emmanuel, alongside the popular Townend hymn Beautiful Saviour. This is the 1st Sunday of the month so we invite everyone through to the hall afterwards for tea and coffee. If you want a Church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill then look no further. We would be delighted to welcome you. Let us build a house where all can dwell – All are welcome in this place!
Special thanks to Revd. de Beer for leading us in prayer in person in the church and online via Facebook on the Church’s national day of prayer on Saturday 25th November. The congregation were interested to learn of the current Guild Projects in our service last week lead by the Guild. Ann and Peggy told us about the projects, Helen read the scripture, Sheena spoke to the kids, and Liz, Cathie and Betty led us conducted the prayers and introductions.
This weekend sees our annual Shoppers Carol Service which takes place on Saturday 2 December at 12noon in the Church. Everyone is welcome to come along, adults and Children, as we sing well-loved carols, listen to some bible readings and take part in a Christmas story and drama. Activities for children will be available also. Our famous Christmas Afternoon Tea, takes place at 1pm straight after our Carol Service, and tickets will be on sale from the Church and you can also pay at the door. We have asked for donations of boxes of biscuits, shortbread, chocolates and there is a barrel at the front of the church each week for anyone dropping items off.
The church has been donated a new piano for our Church Halls by the Cameron Family, in memory of Christina Cameron – a beloved wife and mother. We are very thankful to the Cameron Family for this donation.
Please visit our new Prayer page on our website– there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin.
Our prayer book continues to be available in the main vestibule of the church. We offer prayer for those asking for specific people and circumstances each week during worship. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Our minister, Rev Kevin de Beer, is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Our minister, Revd Kevin December Beer, continues in his weekly live “Word on Wednesday” via Facebook. These involve a short 5-10 minute reflection, bible passage and prayer. We’d encourage you to look us up (Kevin De Beer and Bellshill Central Parish Church) to keep up to date. Kevin launched his “First Steps” book. Please look this up on Amazon, or contact Kevin for a copy as we hope to spread the Gospel message that little bit further in Bellshill and Mossend. Look up the hashtag #wordonwednesday
All sections of Bellshill Central’s Girl Guiding units meet weekly on: Rainbows meet on Tuesdays at 6pm aged 5-7yrs; Brownies meet on Thursdays at 6.15pm aged 7-10yrs and Guides meet on Thursdays at 7.45pm aged 10yrs plus. The Rainbow unit currently has no places available for new girls, but please visit the Rainbows website to be placed on the waiting list or to find out about other local units.
GROUP NEWS AND ACTIVITIES
- Church choir meets tonight at 7.30pm (Wednesday) in the Church. Then Friday 8th December at 7.30pm.
- Carpet bowls also meet this evening (Wednesday) at 7.00pm in the church hall. Good fun, jokes, tea and occasional bowls take place. All are welcome!
- our Christmas Elves are scheduled to visit the Church and halls tonight (Wednesday) and we hope that the tree and decorations are all in order for them to work their Christmas magic! We thank them in anticipation.
- The church guild meets next on Monday 4th December with their annual visit to Mackinnon Mills. The bus leaves at 1.30pm.
- Probus club meets in our church hall on Wednesday afternoons at 1pm. All welcomed to come along. Speak with Mr Conquer when you come along.
- Friday night club met on Friday 24th November for their Christmas Party as their weekly meetings are now over until the new year. We thank them for an open and welcoming group which is suited to all ages and abilities. They are to be thanked for their hard working preparing items for the Christmas Season. A reminder that in 2018 Friday nights return and a warm welcome awaits new members to come along. This is a family club for all ages, taking in loads of different crafts like card making, knitting, cross stitch, painting and lots more, we also play Table Tennis and drink tea.
- Young Church continues to meet in the church for the start of the service (11am) when we take part in the first section of the service, after which we go through to the Church Hall for activities, learning and discussion. At Bellshill Central we firmly believe in giving our children and young folks a good start, so we warmly invite and actively encourage you to bring your kids and young folks along – learning together on a journey. We are busy working on our All Age Nativity Play which takes place on Christmas Eve at 7.00pm and we hope to see a happy and full church!
- Music Movers and Shakers meet in the church hall on Wednesdays from 10am-12pm.
- Saturday’s between 10am-1pm, we have the Crazy Toes School of dance using our premises. Please visit our website (Regular activities page) for details and links. The groups would welcome your support.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Saturday 2nd December 12.00pm – the Annual Shoppers Carol Service with activities for Children. Then at 1.00pm our Afternoon Christmas Teas with entertainment. Tickets for Afternoon tea available now.
- Sunday 3rd December 10.00am – we begin our Advent Journey – Hope and Anticipation. All welcome to church.
- Sunday 10th December 11.00am – our Winter Communion Service at 11.00am.
- Sunday 17th December at 11 o’clock a special choir lead service of carols readings and hymns for all.
- Sunday 17th December at 6.30pm – for a Candlelight carol service with some special thoughts on what Christmas means to me, from members of our church family. The church will be dimly lit mainly by candles. Please bring with you a torch or battery-powered candle to add to the atmosphere. It’s usually quite a busy service so do come early. Refreshments served afterwards.
- Sunday 24th December we celebrate Christmas Eve with two services – morning worship at 11.00am and then at 7.00pm for our family service including an All Age Nativity– you are encouraged to wear anything Christmassy (which may be flashing ties, woolly jumpers, festive hats, reindeer antlers or anything else you can think of). Refreshments are served after the 7.00pm service.
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES– our website at http://www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com, http://www.facebook.com/bellshillcentralchurchand and our YouTube channel. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events, we hold. These are usually streamed via YouTube, and links are available from our Facebook and website.