If you’re looking for a church that this Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us.
This coming Sunday’s service, Sunday 11th March 2018, is at 11.00am when our Minister, Rev’d Kevin de Beer, leads us in morning worship for All Ages, which will include the Sacrament of Holy Communion and presentation of Long Service certificates to Church Elders and leaders of our Young Church groups. This is the 4th Sunday in Lent. There will be a retiring offering collected in aid of the Scottish Ambulance Service.
Our hymns this week include Let us with a Gladsome mind, Father I place into Your hands, When I survey the wondrous cross, Put peace into each other’s hands and finishing with the Welsh favourite Guide me O thou great Jehovah. Our bible readings are Numbers 21:4-9, Psalm 107 1-3 and 17-22 (Call to worship), Ephesians 2:1-10 and/or Php 3:12-14 and John 3: 14-21. Crèche facilities are available every Sunday for the youngest of Children. We would be delighted to welcome you. Let us build a house where all can dwell – All are welcome in this place!
Those receiving certificates for Elder’s long service are: Tom Mills, Lawson Kyle, James Mathew, Drew Aitken, Alex Tweedie, Thomas Taylor, Elizabeth Toal and Mary Baird. Young church leaders receiving certificates are: Drew Aitken, Jane Aitken, Susan McLeish, Lesley Marshall, Jennifer Cowan and Anne Guy. A combined service record of 380 years to celebrate and give thanks for!
Saturday 10th March at 2.30pm our Church hosts a concert organised by Lanarkshire Organists. It is a choral concert with Schola Benedicti. The choir are really quite accomplished. They sang in the Vatican last year for His Holiness The Pope. Tickets are £5, available from the Church, or simply pay at the door.
Our organisations meet this week on the following days and time – a warm welcome awaits you:
- 7th Wednesday at 10am Movers and Shakers, Bellshill Probus Club at 1pm and 7pm for Carpet Bowls.
- 8th Thursday at 6pm the Brownies and 7.45pm the Guides
- 9th Friday at 7.30pm the Church Choir meet in the Church with the Friday Night Club in the Church Hall for their usual activities and fun.
- 10th Saturday at 10am Crazy toes dance school – classes meet in the hall
Saturday at 2.30pm Concert with Lanarkshire Organists, featuring Schola Benedicti – tickets £5 at the door.
- 11th Sunday at 11am Young Church and our fabulous Crèche, with Sunday worship for All Ages
- 12th Monday – NO GUILD AFTERNOON MEETING – see Tuesday.
- 13th Tuesday the Guild leave at 1pm (meeting at the Church) for a visit to New Kilpatrick Guild in Bearsden, then at 6pm Rainbows meet in the hall
Tuesday at 7.30pm our Board and Session meetings take place. Minutes should have been emailed, if not received please speak with either of the minute clerks, Stan Cook or Rev de Beer.
- Other dates are on our Diary Dates page on the website. Please go online to check.
Some advance dates:
- Sunday 18th March straight after morning worship – our annual stated meeting. All members of Bellshill Central are urged to stay behind to hear our annual report and accounts for 2017, to give thanks for our achievements and plans for 2018.
- Sunday 25th March straight after the morning service – our annual Hot Cross Bun event in the Church halls. We have the usual selection of Hot Cross Buns, lashings of luscious butter and plenteous supply of tea and coffee.
- Sunday 1st April – Easter Sunday – check back for more info on Easter Day services and holy week joint worship with all Bellshill Churches being involved.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY – Please visit our new Prayer page on our website- there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
WORD ON WEDNESDAY – Our minister, Revd Kevin December Beer, continues in his weekly “Word on Wednesday” via his own YouTube Channel. These are shared via our Facebook page, but the best way to keep in touch is to subscribe to Kevin’s channel. These short 5-10 minute videos focus on a reflection, bible passage and prayer. Kevin launched his “First Steps” book. Please look this up on Amazon, or contact Kevin for a copy as we hope to spread the Gospel message that little bit further in Bellshill and Mossend.
COMMUNITY HALLS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Our website, Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated weekly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold. These are usually streamed via YouTube, and links are available from our Facebook and website