If you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us.
Join us for Worship!!
Sunday 20th May 2018 – Sunday Service takes place at 11.00am, with Rev’d Kevin de Beer leading worship, with something suitable for All-ages. This Sunday is a true celebration, we celebrate the Church’s birthday as it is Pentecost. We have all-age informal communion as part of our service. The bible readings are taken from Romans 8:22-27 and John 15: 26-27 & 16:4b-15. Hymns include Spirit of the living God, All over the world, The spirit lives to set us free, O for a thousand tongues, O breathe of life come sweeping through us. Our choir leads us in a sung gathering song Holy spirit we welcome you, sing during communion and have a lovely Stuart Townend anthem. Sunday School and Crèche facilities are available each week.
A massive thank you to the Fund raising team for organising last weeks’ Christian Aid breakfast before church.
Thank you to Anne Guy for organising another Clothes show, it was a great night and raised £388 for church funds in the process.
Groups meeting this week are
- Wednesday 16th – Music Makers and Shakers meets with classes at 10am and 11am.
- 7.30pm the Church choir meet in the hall – please note change of day this week.
- Thursday 17th – Brownies meet at 6.15pm and Guides meet at 7.45pm
- Friday 18th – 7.30pm Friday night club in the Church hall
- Line Dancing night in the Masonic Hall at 7.30pm, organised by Jean Hargrave.
- Saturday 19th – Crazy Toes School of Dance meets from 10am – 1pm
- Sunday 20th – Creche meets in the hall and Young Church meets in the Church.
- Sunday 20th – Choir meets at 10.30am in the Hall for a quick practise.
- Tuesday 22nd – Rainbows meet at 6pm
LINE DANCING NIGHT – Jean Hargraves has organised a Line Dancing Night in aid of Church Funds this Friday, 18th May, in the Masonic Hall in Bowling Green Street. Please get your tickets from Jean ASAP as this always proves a very enjoyable night. Look out your dancing shoes!
PENTECOST SUNDAY – We celebrate Pentecost (the church’s birthday) on Sunday 20th May with our Annual WEAR RED TO CHURCH event with the sacrament of Holy Communion, served in an informal and family service. Be Bright, Be Bold and be Passionate as we celebrate in colour and in song the coming of the Holy Spirit!
YOUNG CHURCH CHURCH FAMILY OUTING – Saturday 23rd June 2018 – The Young Church are again organising an outing to Kelburn Park and you are invited to come along! If you would like to be part of the fun and fellowship please let Drew Aitken or any Young Church leader know, and return the tear-off slip asap as spaces will run out quickly! The bus will leave from the Church, and return to the Church around 6pm on the 23rd June.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY – Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is email@example.com
ADVANCE NOTICE OF JULY JOINT SUMMER SERVICES
- All services start at 11.00am in each church
- Sunday 1’st July – Bellshill Central Parish Church
- Sunday 8’th July – St Andrews UF Church
- Sunday 15’th July – Bellshill West Parish Church
- Sunday 22’nd July – Bellshill Central Parish Church
- Sunday 29’th July – St Andrews UF Church (Communion service)
- Sunday 3rd June – special celebration after church, for June and Stan Cook’s wedding anniversary
- Saturday 9th June – Strawberry Tea in the Church Hall from 2pm tickets available
- Sunday 10th June – 11.00am Communion Service. 6.30pm Big Sing in aid of St Andrew’s Hospice
- Tuesday 12th June – 7.30pm Board and Session Meetings in the Hall
- Saturday 23rd June – Young Church outing to Kelburn Park
- Sunday 24th June – 11.00am Young Church all age service, with Prizegiving, followed by BBQ
ONLINE MINISTRY – Check out Kevin’s very own Youtube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, starting with #FirstSteps, #Wordonwednesday and now with #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for confernces and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com – also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.