If you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us.
Worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday 19’th August at 11.00am.
This is our Back to School Sunday.
We also have the sacrament of baptism. All are welcome!
Our theme for the week is God speaking to us through the bible. Hymns include baptised in water, Lord you sometimes speak in wonders and Spirit of god unseen as the wind. Our summer choir meets on 19’th August at 10.00am in the Church Hall.
Friday night club- returns rejuvenated for the session on Friday 17th August at 7.00pm in the hall. Adults and child friendly. Games, crafts, table sports and a plentiful supply of hot drinks! It’s the place to be on a Friday evening!
Carpet bowls resumes on Wednesday 5th September at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence.
Our BROWNIE pack resumes on Thursday 30th August at 6.00pm in our church hall. Please contact us via the Brownie page on the website to register or ask any enquiries.
Activities this week at Central Church:
- Wednesday– Music Makers and Shakers meets with classes at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their new term available on their facebook page.
- Friday night club 7.00pm in the church hall.
SPONSORED RUN & WALK – Sunday 19’th August straight after the morning service. A four mile run/walk or a shorter route for those that prefer it. Sponsor forms available from Stan Cook this Sunday, and Alan Mathew from 5’th August. Everyone is invited! This is part of our summer fundraising initiative but also part of our BE HEALTHY summer programme.
ANNUAL CHURCH QUIZ takes place on Friday 7th September at 7.00pm in the hall. Tickets available from Hugh or Stanley. Maximum team size 5 players.
SUMMER FUNDRAISERS – It’s that time of year again, when the Summer Fundraisers commence. You are invited to come and see Jane Aitken, our fantastic Fundraising leader, to collect £2 and during the summer months organise fun and interesting events, where you are able to grow your £2 into funds for our church. Last year included, Beetle Drives, Fun Runs, Cakes and Candy, Car Washes and much more. Please let us know what you are organising so we can publicise and share new among our friends and members.
POST CARDS TO CHURCH – As we approach the summer holidays send us postcards from your travels or just send us pictures to the Facebook page and we’ll share your messages each Sunday morning. Our church email address is email@example.com
PRAYER & COMMUNITY – Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
ADVANCE NOTICE DATES FOR DIARY’S
- Friday night club resumes Friday 17th August at 7.00pm.
- Sunday 19’th August – Sunday worship with BAPTISM, and Sponsored Run and Walk straight afterwards. Special service for children returning to Back to School. Service will be suitable for All Ages, all are welcome.
- Thursday 30th August our Church Brownies resume.
- Sunday 2’nd September – Young Church groups resume for all school age children. Tea and coffee served after the service.
- Wednesday 5th September at 7.00pm in the hall carpet bowls resume.
- Friday 7th September – the Annual Church Quiz under the control of Quiz Master Hugh Ainsley. Tickets priced £5 available now, from Hugh or Stan at the Church. Teams not to exceed 5 players. The usual themed rounds will be included.
- Sunday 9th September – Communion Service at 11.00am, with a retiring offering for St Andrew’s First Aid. The Service will also include the Sacrament of Baptism whilst the Children worship with us.
- Tuesday 11’th September – Board and Session Meetings at 7.30pm. Papers available soon from minute clerks
- Choir resumes for weekday practise on Friday 14th September at 7.30pm.
ONLINE MINISTRY – Check out Kevin’s very own Youtube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide – a truly worldwide church.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website http://www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com – also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.