If you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us.
Worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday 9th September at 11.00am.
Our theme for the week is “from personal tears towards tears that express the personal. Hymns being sung are All people that on earth do dwell, Jesus put this song into our hearts, Ye gates lift up your heads on high and Guide me oh thou great Jehovah.
Our service includes two sacraments, the sacrament of holy baptism and the sacrament of holy communion. We’re blessed at Bellshill Central to welcome the family of an infant to be baptised and a reminder that the sacrament of communion is open to all you love the Lord.
There will be a retiring offering at the service in aid of St Andrews Ambulance
Carpet bowls resumes tonight (Wednesday 5th September) at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence.
The Church Choir resumes on Friday 14th September ay 7.30pm when our first focus will be Harvest working on John Rutter’s For the Beauty of the Earth.
- Rainbows on Tuesday at 6.00pm in the hall. Please check regular activities under “About us” to register.
- Wednesday– Music Makers and Shakers meets with classes at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their new term available on their Facebook page.
- Thursday brownies at 6.00pm
- Thursday Guides at 7.45pm. Again please check regular activities under “About us” for more info and to register.
- Friday 7th September at 7.00pm annual church quiz
- Saturday crazy toes dance classes from 10..00am
- Tuesday 11th September board and session meetings from 7.30pm
ANNUAL CHURCH QUIZ takes place on Friday 7th September at 7.00pm in the hall. Tickets available from Hugh or Stanley. Maximum team size 5 players.
SUMMER FUNDRAISERS It’s that time of year again, when the Summer Fundraisers commence. You are invited to come and see Jane Aitken, our fantastic Fundraising leader, to collect £2 and during the summer months organise fun and interesting events, where you are able to grow your £2 into funds for our church. Last year included, Beetle Drives, Fun Runs, Cakes and Candy, Car Washes and much more. Please let us know what you are organising so we can publicise and share new among our friends and members.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual
support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address
ADVANCE NOTICE DATES FOR DIARY’S
- Friday 7th September – the Annual Church Quiz under the control of Quiz Master Hugh Ainsley. Tickets priced £5 available now, from Hugh or Stan at the Church. Teams not to exceed 5 players. The usual themed rounds will be included.
- Sunday 9th September – Communion Service at 11.00am, with a retiring offering for St Andrew’s First Aid. The Service will also include the Sacrament of Baptism whilst the Children worship with us.
- Choir resumes for weekday practise on Friday 14th September at 7.30pm.
- Sunday 23rd September Car treasure hunt straight after the church service. If you want to take part see Drew or Jane Aitken.
- Harvest thanksgiving Sunday 7th October with thanksgiving service at 11.00am followed by our annual, harvest ploughmans lunch. Tickets from Jane or Lesley.
ministry far and wide – a truly worldwide church.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website http://www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com – also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events