If you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us.
Worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday
30th September at 11.00am.
This is our Harvest Service. Scripture readings are from:Psalm 95:1-7 and Colossians 1:15-23; and Hymns being sung aAll things bright and beautiful, Who put the colours in the Rainbow, How lovely on the mountains and Now we sing a Harvest Song. The choir being with “Oh the life of the world” and the Anthem for reflection is “If I planted a garden”.
Afterwards is our Ploughman’s Lunch. This is always a popular service and lunch event. Please do join us in giving thanks for all this is God’s Creation.
The Marshall’s are organising this Saturday a Scalextric afternoon in the Church hall from 2.30pm. David will have the race track set, and the kitchen staff will have the Pizzas and snacks at the ready. Starters orders and pole position awaits those coming along. This is a family fun, and all age afternoon and all are invited to come along. This is a fundraiser for Church Funds and social event.
CAR TREASURE HUNT 2018
On Sunday 23rd September we held our Car treasure hunt organised by the Aitken Family. We were taken around the area – including Holytown, Chapelhall, Airdrie, Coatbridge, Drumpellier Park to see the ducks, Uddingston and Tannochside! Quite an expedition.
Prizes were awarded to Peggy Walker, Sheena Bowman and her passengers, and the Manse Family for the most interesting selfie! Over £150 was raised in the process.
Copies of the church CD which includes organ and singing items are available now. This would make an ideal Christmas Present as the music is all Advent and Christmas related. A bargain at £5. See our organist if you want a copy. Special offer, 2 for £8 is available also.
Carpet bowls continues tonight (Wednesday) at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence.
Our BROWNIE pack continues this Thursday at 6.00pm in our church hall. Please contact us via the Brownie page on the website to register or ask any enquiries.
Friday night club continues on Friday nights on Friday 28th September at 7.00pm in the hall. Adults and child friendly. Games, crafts, table sports and a plentiful supply of hot drinks! It’s the place to be on a Friday evening!
The Church Choir continues on Friday night at 7.30pm when our first focus will be Harvest. We meet in the Church this week. Tea and coffee break at half time. Look forward to seeing our regular members and anyone who would like to come and try.
Activities this week at Central Church:
- 26 Wednesday– Music Makers and Shakers meets with classes at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their new term available on their Facebook page.
- 26 Wednesday 7.00pm Carpet Bowls27 Thursday brownies at 6.00pm
- 27 Thursday brownies at 6.00pm
- 27 Thursday 7.45pm Guide pack
- 28 Friday Night Club at 7.00pm
- 28 Friday 7.30pm Church Choir29 Saturday 2.30pm Scalextric Racing Afternoon
- 29 Saturday 2.30pm Scalextric Racing Afternoon
- 30 Sunday Young Church, Crèche and Church Service30 Sunday after Church – Plouhgman’s lunch
- 30 Sunday after Church – Plouhgman’s lunch
- 01 Monday October – 2pm Guild beings at Burnhead Church.02 October Tuesday 6.15pm Rainbows
- 02 October Tuesday 6.15pm Rainbows
NEW CHURCH WEBSITE
Our church website has been updated with a new address –
http://www.bellshillcentral.church please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. We will soon be taking a journey online called “Windows on our world” visiting all of the superb stained glass within our church. Keep an eye out for this!
CHURCH GUILD RESUMES
The Bellshill Central Church resumes in October for their weekly activities – these generally take place on Monday’s within the Church Hall. The first meeting however is in Burnhead Parish Church, Uddingston, with our partner Guild that meets there. This is a communion service at 2pm in the afternoon. Please speak with Sheena or Liz if you need help to get to Uddingston.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 29th at 2.30pm – The Marshalls Scalextric Event
- Sunday 30th – Harvest Service – followed by Ploughmans Lunch
- 7th October – teas after church
- Saturday 3rd – Christmas Treats with Cheese & WineSunday 4th – All saints Sunday – Tea after Church
- Sunday 4th – All saints Sunday – Tea after Church
- Monday 5th – Clothes Show
- Sunday 11th – Remembrance Day and remembrance Sunday (service at 11.30am)
- Saturday 24th – The McGleish Movie Night
- Sunday 25th – Guild service.
- Saturday 1st – Christmas Afternoon event with Carol Service before
- Sunday 2nd – first Sunday of advent – teas after ChurchSunday 9th – communion service – Retiring offering RNLI
- Sunday 9th – communion service – Retiring offering RNLI
- Thursday 13th – Sing a Song for Christmas (date confirmed) in aid of women’s aid
- Sunday 16th 11.00am morning service; and 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 23rd – choir service 11.00am (no Young Church in church)
- Monday 24th – Christmas eve (6.30pm) (teas afterwards)
ONLINE MINISTRY – Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online
ministry far and wide – a truly worldwide church.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly.
You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.