If you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us. #comeasyouare
Worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday 14’th October at 11am — The theme is “The future always has hope”
Scripture Readings are taken from Genesis 17:1-16 and Galatians 3:1-14
Hymns this Sunday include The God of Abraham praise, If you believe and I believe, O God our help in ages past, In Christ alone and Look forward in faith all time is in God’s hands
Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you.
Copies of the church CD which includes organ and singing items are available now. This would make an ideal Christmas Present as the music is all Advent and Christmas related. A bargain at £5. See our organist if you want a copy. Special offer, 2 for £8 is available also.
Carpet bowls continues tonight (Wednesday) at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence.
Music makers and shakers classes are every week during term time. Wednesday mornings in the church hall at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their current term available on their own Facebook page.
Next Wednesday afternoon the Bellshil Probus club continues. The meeting is at 1pm and meet in our church hall. Warm welcome awaits you. The secretary is Mr conqueror and will be pleased to see you.
Our BROWNIE pack continues this Thursday at 6.00pm in our church hall. Please contact us via the Brownie page on the website to register or ask any enquiries. Guides have a sleep over this Friday.
The Church Choir continues on Friday night at 7.30pm when our first focus will be Remembrance. We meet in the Church this week. Tea and coffee break at half time. Look forward to seeing our regular members and anyone who would like to come and try.
Friday night club continues this Friday (12th October) in the church hall from 7.00pm. Crafts, games and fun for the whole family. Plentiful tea and coffee on hand to aid the chit chat. Please do come along. It has been known for a pet to make an appearance once or twice too.
Activities this week at Central Church:
- 10th Wednesday– Music Makers and Shakers meets with classes at 10am and 11am.
- 10th Wednesday 7.00pm Carpet Bowls
- 11thThursday brownies at 6.00pm
- 11th Thursday 7.45pm Guide pack
- 12th Friday night club 7.00pm
- 12th Friday 7.30pm Church Choir
- 14thSunday Young Church, Crèche and Church Service
- 15th Monday October – 1pm Bring and buy afternoon with Memories. Devotions lead by Cathie Bryden. All welcome. Remember the guild is open to anyone, including men.
- 16th October Tuesday 6.15pm Rainbows
NEW CHURCH WEBSITE
Our church website has been updated with a new address – http://www.bellshillcentral.church
Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. We will soon be taking a journey online called “The Tour” visiting all of the superb stained glass within our church. Keep an eye out for this!
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday 3rd – Christmas Treats with Cheese & Wine
- Sunday 4th – All saints Sunday – Tea after Church
- Monday 5th – Clothes Show
- Sunday 11th – Remembrance Day and remembrance Sunday (service at 11.30am)
- Saturday 24th – The McGleish Movie Night
- Sunday 25th – Guild service and triple baptism
- Saturday 1st – Christmas Afternoon event with Carol Service before
- Sunday 2nd – first Sunday of advent – teas after Church
- Sunday 9th – communion service – Retiring offering RNLI
- Thursday 13th – Sing a Song for Christmas (date confirmed) in aid of women’s aid
- Sunday 16th 11.00am morning service; and 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 23rd – choir service 11.00am (no Young Church in church)
- Monday 24th – Christmas eve (6.30pm) (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 30th – End of year songs of praise at 11.00am
ONLINE MINISTRY – Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide – a truly worldwide church.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.