Bellshill Central Parish Church is OPEN FOR BUSINESS for the people in Bellshill and Mossend. So, if you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us. #comeasyouare
SUNDAY worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday 18th November at 11.00am. Our minster, Kevin de Beer, conducts worship.
Hymns this Sunday include I to the hills will lift mine eyes; Climb up sunshine mountain and God of grace and God of glory.
Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
Next Sunday, 25th November, is guild Sunday lead by members of the church guild. There is also a triple baptism.
A massive thank you from our find raising team to everyone who supported our recent events. The Cheese and wine afternoon and Clothes show have generated over £1,000 to church funds in just a short time. The preparation and support is overwhelming, we really to appreciate the financial support of our members and friends.
Copies of the church CD which includes organ and singing items are available now. This would make an ideal Christmas Present as the music is all Advent and Christmas related. A bargain at £5. See our organist if you want a copy. Special offer, 2 for £8 is available also.
Wednesday’s are busy at Central Church and include:
- Carpet bowls continues Wednesday at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence. You don’t need to be a master bowler to come along, just a good sense of humour and plenty of fun. You’ll get on fine!
- Music makers and shakers classes are every week during term time. Wednesday mornings in the church hall at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their current term available on their own Facebook page.
- 21st November – the Bellshill Probus club continues. The meeting is at 1pm and meet in our church hall. Warm welcome awaits you. The secretary is Mr conqueror and will be pleased to see you.
Our BROWNIE pack continues this Thursday at 6.00pm in our church hall. Please contact us via the Brownie page on the website to register or ask any enquiries.
The Church Choir continues on Friday night at 7.30pm when continue our rehearsals for Christmas. We meet in the Church itself this week. Tea and coffee break at half time. Look forward to seeing our regular members and anyone who would like to come and try.
Friday night club continues next Friday (23rd November) in the church hall from 7.00pm. Crafts, games and fun for the whole family. Plentiful tea and coffee on hand to aid the chit chat. Please do come along. It has been known for a pet to make an appearance once or twice too.
Monday 26th sees our Church Guild going to MacKinnon Mills for their pre Christmas outing. Please speak with Liz or Sheena. This group is open to both men and women and all are warmly invited.
Tuesday sees our Rainbow pack meeting in the Church hall from 6.00pm. Please see our website for a link to Guiding UK where you can find out more and register your daughter’s interest in this pack or other local groups.
Our church website has been updated with a new address – http://www.bellshillcentral.church
Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. Please visit the updates which happen regularly, including News Items, details of our worship services, the Church Tour that continues this week with a look our exquisite Creation Window.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is email@example.com
- Saturday 24th – The McGleish Movie Night
- Sunday 25th – Guild service and triple baptism
- Tuesday 27th – Board and Session Meetings at 7.30pm
- Saturday 1st – Christmas Afternoon event with Carol Service before
- Sunday 2nd – first Sunday of advent – teas after Church
- Sunday 9th – communion service – Retiring offering RNLI
- Thursday 13th – Sing a Song for Christmas (date confirmed) in aid of women’s aid at 7.00pm
- Sunday 16th 11.00am morning service; and 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 23rd – choir service 11.00am (no Young Church in church)
- Monday 24th – Christmas eve (6.30pm) (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 30th – End of year songs of praise at 11.00am
ONLINE MINISTRY – Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold