Bellshill Central Parish Church is OPEN FOR BUSINESS for the people in Bellshill and Mossend. So, if you’re looking for a church that is Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill – then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us. #comeasyouare
SUNDAY worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday 25th November at 11.00am. Our Guild ladies lead our worship, telling us about their guild projects, leading the prayers and take the duties of our regular duty team.
Hymns this Sunday include Immortal Invisible God only wise, The Spirit lives to set us free, Make way for Christ the King and Jesus Calls us oer the tumult.
We are delighted to invite the friends and family of the three children being baptised also during the service. #comeasyouare
Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
This Saturday at 4pm the McLeish family are hosting a family film night. Featuring Polar Express and White Christmas. All welcome. You are encouraged to come as a family – all ages will enjoy this movie night ahead of the Christmas buzz. Hotdogs, Popcorn, Ice-cream and Juice all Provided. If you wish bring a comfy seat and cushion!!
Next Saturday (1st December) is our Christmas Celebration. Beginning at 12.00noon with a Shoppers Christmas Carol Service. Carols and singing for all. There will be a WW1 theme as we continue to commemorate the 100th Anniversary year.
After the carol service at 1pm is our Afternoon Tea with Santa. Tickets are on sale from the Church. Fabulous food, hot drinks, raffle and your gift from Santa – whatever your age! Donation barrel available at the church door each week for donations.
Copies of the church CD which includes organ and singing items are available now. This would make an ideal Christmas Present as the music is all Advent and Christmas related. A bargain at £5. See our organist if you want a copy. Special offer, 2 for £8 is available also.
Wednesday’s are busy at Central Church and include:
- Carpet bowls continues Wednesday at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence. You don’t need to be a master bowler to come along, just a good sense of humour and plenty of fun. You’ll get on fine!
- Music makers and shakers classes are every week during term time. Wednesday mornings in the church hall at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their current term available on their own Facebook page.
- This afternoon the Bellshill Probus club continues. The meeting is at 1pm and meet in our church hall. Warm welcome awaits you. The secretary is Mr conqueror and will be pleased to see you.
- The Church choir meet tonight (Wednesday – please note the change of day this week) at 7.30pm in the Church. If you hear the strains of Away in a Manger or O Holy night don’t worry – we’re just busy getting ready for all the carol services.
Our BROWNIE pack continues this Thursday at 6.00pm in our church hall. Please contact us via the Brownie page on the website to register or ask any enquiries. The Guides meet at 7.45pm also in the Church Hall.
Friday night club continues next Friday (23rd November) in the church hall from 7.00pm. Crafts, games and fun for the whole family. Plentiful tea and coffee on hand to aid the chit chat. Please do come along. It has been known for a pet to make an appearance once or twice too. Major preparations are underway for the Christmas Celebrations, so go along to help out.
Monday 26th sees our Church Guild going to MacKinnon Mills for their pre Christmas outing. Please speak with Liz or Sheena. This group is open to both men and women and all are warmly invited.
Tuesday sees our Rainbow pack meeting in the Church hall from 6.00pm. Please see our website for a link to Guiding UK where you can find out more and register your daughter’s interest in this pack or other local groups.
ADVANCE NOTICE FOR ALL CHRISTMAS ELVES – The Christmas Trees and Decorations are to be all put in place in the Church and Halls etc on Wednesday 28th November. It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas??
Our church website has been updated with a new address – http://www.bellshillcentral.church
Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. Please visit the updates which happen regularly, including News Items, details of our worship services, the Church Tour that continues this week with a look another stained glass window.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday 27th November – Board and Session Meetings at 7.30pm
- Saturday 1st December – Christmas Afternoon event with Carol Service before
- Sunday 2nd December – first Sunday of advent at 11am – teas after Church
- Sunday 9th December – communion service at 11am for 2nd Sunday of Advent – Retiring offering RNLI
- Thursday 13th December – Sing a Song for Christmas in aid of women’s aid at 7.00pm, with Lawmuir and Mossend Primary Schools.
- Sunday 16th December at 11.00am morning service; and 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 23rd December – choir led service of lessons and carols at 11.00am
- Monday 24th December – Christmas eve (6.30pm) (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 30th December – End of year songs of praise at 11.00am
ONLINE MINISTRY – Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE – Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES – Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.