As the Church of Scotland in Bellshill we extend a warm welcome to any of our activities. People have been coming to this building to worship God for over a hundred years. While our town has journeyed through many changes over those years, the constancy of the witness of the “Church at 346 Main Street” has remained uninterrupted. The mission of any Church is to reflect through its presence, its music, its fellowship and its beauty the greatness of God, and we seek to do that here in all that we share.
We hope that everyone who enters these doors will find an encouraging, friendly group of people. While we are far from perfect, we are regularly discovering truths that are changing us individually and enriching our lives as a church community. As we worship together, learn from the Bible, and pray for one another, we are strengthened in our commitment to Jesus Christ as well as to each other. If this is your first time here, we welcome you, and invite you to share the joy that we have found.
Our Sunday services continue each week at 11am at 346 Main Street, where we encourage you to #comeasyouare to worship and experience the warmth and love of a Christian family on a journey of faith together.
This coming Sunday, 13th January, our minister Kevin de Beer continues his new series sermon based on his book Fifteen Minutes to Read. This week is entitled Creation Stories as “Who” and “Why” rather than “How”. The bible readings are Genesis 1: 26-31 and Psalm 104:1-15. Our hymns include Majesty, Lord of all being, For the beauty of the earth and Sing for God’s Glory.
Give them a good start – start the Central Way.
Our Fabulous Young Church – for all school aged children resumes on Sunday 19th January. Children from P1 to S6 are welcome to come along to church, and either gather in the front pews or in the hall. You’re guaranteed a warm welcome, perhaps some hot chocolate and fun activities.
All welcome. #comeasyouare ** Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
The final amount raise during December for our #goodcauses was a staggering £766. This was split between Lanarkshire Cancer Care (£406) and Women’s Aid in Motherwell and District (£360). Everyone’s generosity has help needed and vulnerable folks in our community. #thankyou
ORGANISATIONS RESUME IN JANUARY AT THE FOLLOWING DATES AND TIMES
- Wednesday 9th January at 7.00pm the church bowls club resumes. Experienced player or not, you would be welcome to come along.
- Wednesday 9th January the Music Makers and Shakers Classes resume at 10.00am and 11.00am. Please check out their own website for more details. They meet each week in our Church Hall.https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/info/659
- Thursday 10th January – the Brownies and Guides resume for 2019. The Brownies meet at 6.15pm an the Guides meet at 7.45pm. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- Friday 11th January the Friday night club starts back. They meet fortnightly in the church hall, and have activities for ALL AGES and interests. Crafting, table games, table tennis, toys for the youngsters, Wi-Fi enabled hall. Copious amounts of tea/coffeeand goodies!
- Rainbows resume on Tuesday 15th January at 6.00pm in the church hall. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- The Church Guild — Open to both ladies and gents — starts back on Monday 14th January at 1.30pm. The speaker that day will speak on Week of Christian Unity.
- The Church Choir resumes for weekly practises on Friday 18th January at 7.30pm in the Church Hall. We have Easter and Holy week to prepare for, so are starting early! New members welcome. Love of Music and Singing – we’ll supply the rest!
Our church website has been updated with a new address – http://www.bellshillcentral.church – Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. Please visit the updates which happen regularly, including News Items, details of ourworship services, and the Church tour. There are links to our #YouTube channel, #Facebook and #Twitter pages where even more information and insights can be found. Nip online to look at what’s happening.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is email@example.com
Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer.Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide.
COMMUNITY BUILDINGS AVAILABLE FOR USE
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls. Visual display screens are fitted in our sanctuary and are ideal for conferences and presentations. Portable visual equipment can be made available for use in the Halls and Vestry. Please ask.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES
Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.