Our Sunday services continue each week at 11am at 346 Main Street, where we encourage you to #comeasyouare to worship and experience the warmth and love of a Christian family on a journey of faith together. Our motto is Central to Christ, Central to Bellshill and Central to YOU
This coming Sunday, 30th March 2019, our minister Kevin de Beer continues his new sermon series based on his book Fifteen Minutes to Read. This week’s theme is “JESUS’ MISSION STATEMENT”. All are most Welcome.
The bible readings are Isaiah 61:1-7 and Luke 4:14-301. Our hymns include these are the days of Elijah, On Jordans Bank the baptist cried, and Let us build a house (All are welcome).
We continue in our church’s sung welcome song as we move through lent. Betty Patrick sings a solo for our reflection called “O let the son of God enfold you.”
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD ONE HOUR ON SATURDAY NIGHT AS WE SPRING FORWARD INTO BRITISH SUMMER TIME.
GIVE YOUR CHILDREN A GOOD START! Our Young Church meets each Sunday morning. Children from P1 to S6 are welcome to come along to church, and either gathers in the front pews or in the hall. You’re guaranteed a warm welcome, perhaps some hot chocolate and fun activities.
All welcome. #comeasyouare ** Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
DAFFODIL TEA takes place THIS SATURDAY from 1pm to 3pm in the Church Hall. This is our fund raising teams Spring event and we invite you to come along. You will find coffee a tea with sumptuous home made cakes and goodies. There will be a YELLOW themed tombola, and Easter Eggs, Easter Gifts and seasonal produce available to purchase. Tea tickets (which gets you unlimited Tea/Coffee and cakes!) are £5 for adults and for the under 16yrs only £1. Available to purchase at the church beforehand or the door on the day.
LENT 2019 – Lent began on 6th March and during this period we will share daily thoughts and reflections via our church website, Facebook and twitter sites. Please follow and take part in this season of reflection and prayer. Rev de Beer is also posting video reflections, please check out his own YouTube channel “Rev Kevin de Beer”.
We dedicated our restored and renewed feature window on Sunday 24th March. It required renewing after vandals smashed one of the panes and on further inspection 140yrs of the elements meant it and the other two panes were beyond economical repairs.
ORGANISATIONS MEET AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES (beginning week commencing Wednesday 27th March)
- Wednesday at 7.00pm the church bowls club meets. Experienced player or not, you would be welcome to come along.
- Wednesday mornings the Music Makers and Shakers Classes continue at 10.00am and 11.00am. Please check out their own website for more details. They meet each week in our Church Hall. https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/info/659 ;
- WEDNESDAY THE CHOIR MEETS AT 7.15PM FOR A JOINT HOLY WEEK PRACTISE. FRIENDS FROM WEST CHURCH CHOIR ARE INVITED AS WE LOOK AT FLING WIDE THE GATES.
- Thursdays – the Brownies and Guides meet. The Brownies meet at 6.15pm and the Guides meet at 7.45pm. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- Friday night at 7.15pm the Central Church Choir meets in the Church. This is a practise focusing on Resurrection Rock for Easter Sunday. PLEASE NOTE FORTHCOMING JOINT DATES ARE: Friday 5th April, Wednesday 10th April. Extra Central choir date: Friday 29th March.
- Rainbows continue on Tuesdays at 6.00pm in the church hall. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- FRIDAY NIGHT CLUB – the Friday night club meets in the hall from 7.30pm on 29th March. All ages welcome, and families too. Games, table crafts, table games, table tennis. Coffee and tea, and goodies!!!! (please note the new fortnightly cycle)
ADVANCE DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Sunday 14th April straight after church, Palm Sunday with Hot Cross Bun Lunch after the Service. No Charge. A special thank you to all our loyal and generous church members
- Monday 15th April – 7.00pm Special service at Bellshill Central to start Holy Week, with a combined choir presenting portions of STAINER’S CRUCIFIXION with readers telling the Holy week story. ALL Welcome. Our soloist is Ciaran Cruise, a tenor singer from Biggar Singers, The Academy of Sacred Music and the Lanark Choral. Organist is Central Church’s organist Alan Mathew.
- Joint holy week services will take place Wednesday 17th to Friday 19th April all starting at 7.00pm in the Living Waters Church. All town centre churches are invited along.
- Sunday 21st April – Easter Sunday. 9.00am Early Morning Service outdoors in the Church Garden followed by Breakfast in the Church Hall. 11.00am All Age Family Service with Communion.
- Sunday 12th May at 3pm – Start of Christian Aid week with a BIG SING for all – held at Bellshill Central Parish Church – raising funds for CHRISTIAN AID
LOOKING TO HIRE A HALL OR Room? We have spaces on most Monday & Tuesday evening’s, Friday mornings and afternoons, most Saturday’s all day, and Sunday afternoon and evening. Competitive hourly rates for this central location with parking directly opposite.
PRAYER & Community – Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org