This coming Sunday Rev Kevin de Beer conducts our service and our Young Church activities continue for a new session. The Bible readings are taken from 1 Kings 19:9b-18 and Matthew 26:17-30. The hymns are As the deer pants for the water, All people that on earth, Jesus loves me, How deep the father’s love and Christ be beside me. The theme is the Lord’s Supper and during the service we share in the Sacrament of Holy Communion. This is open to all, you simply need to love the Lord to take part. PLEASE NOTE: there will be a retiring offering for one of our designated charities as you leave.
The service will be live streamed Via our website and YouTube channel for those wishing to take part live or later on catch up. If you would like a tape, CD or dvd of the service these can be made available by speaking to Drew Aitken.
Young Church continues each Sunday for anyone of school age. We also have creche facilities for the youngest of visitors. Our activities promote an atmosphere of learning teaching and growing. We believe this is simply the best start you could give your children and young adults. Simply meet in the church. Sit with the kids at the front or you’re welcome in the pews with the adults you came along with. After the second hymn you go through to the hall for young church.
Any sponsor money from our walk on 18th August should be passed to Alan Mathew on or after Sunday 15th September. Thanks in advance.
Heart and Sole, our walking group doesn’t meet on Tuesday 10th September. The next walk is on Tuesday 17th September at 7pm at the church. This is an open group and anyone is welcome to come along. We enjoy a brisk 45minute walk followed by tea back at the hall. Two legged and four legged creatures equally welcome!
Our church bowls club resumes on Wednesday 4th September (tonight) at 7.00pm in the church halls. All are most welcome. The members enjoy a not to serious game of bowls but still very competitive followed by Bellshill’s best cuppa, and maybe some of Betty’s baking.
Our activities are starting up after the summer.
- Our Rainbows, Brownies and Guides all are meeting throughout the week. There are still some places available but please register online at https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/information-for-parents/register-your-daughter/
- Music Makers and Shakers have classes on Wednesday mornings and you are promised a fun time if you come along, Arlene looks forward to seeing you. Book your place at https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/
- Bowls meet on Wednesdays at 7.00pm in the church halls.
- Friday Night club are once again meeting in Fridays at 7.30pm in the church hall on a fortnightly basis. Bring your crafts. Table tennis is available for the more energetic and card making and various projects for Christmas take place. Next club is on 6th September.
- Tuesday 10th September at 7.30pm board and sessions meetings.
- Friday 13th September at 7.15pm, church choir resumes
- Sunday 15th September at 11am, the church guild lead our service.
- Tuesday 17th September at 7.00pm Heart and Sole walking group
- Friday 20th September at 7.00pm, our annual Church quiz. Tickets available. Get your teams organised. Teams maximum size 5 players. PLEASE NOTE: NO FRIDAY NIGHT CLUB OR CHOIR THAT NIGHT.
Our church buildings are available to hire for the whole community. Whether you’re after a large hall, a small office or the church itself, we have spaces available to suit. We have a cuy functional kitchen with ample room to prepare food etc. We have a fully accessible disabled toilet with baby changing facilities. Our halls and church are fitted with WiFi. The church has large screens and sound system suitable for meetings and presentations. Our hall has portable audio visual equipment available upon request.