We extend a very warm welcome to everyone to come along and be part of our growing church family here at your town centre Church – Bellshill Central Parish Church – at 346 Main Street. Our presence and witness has been proclaiming the Good News for over 143 years and we would encourage you to #comeasyouare to our #faithfamily on Sundays mornings and to one of our groups that meet throughout the week. We’re very much a community based church and we have no airs or graces. Our services are relaxed and friendly, with something for adults and children.
This coming Sunday, 15th September, our Church Guild take our service. They’ll tell us about their current projects, take the prayers and we’ll sing specially chosen Hymns – Make me a channel, Brother sister, One more step, and the BB HymnUnderneath the banner.
The guild projects this year are Journeying Together which is supporting young mothers in Zambia and the Boys Brigade. We will have special memorabilia from the former 2nd Bellshill company on display. It is interesting to note that our church BB company (now unfortunately defunct) was the first organised BB company in Bellshill, being formed in 1925; two and a half years before the next company was formed in 1928.
The service will be live streamed Via our website and YouTube channel for those wishing to take part live or later on catch up. If you would like a tape, CD or dvd of the service these can be made available by speaking to Drew Aitken.
Young Church continues each Sunday for anyone of school age. We also have creche facilities for the youngest of visitors. Our activities promote an atmosphere of learning teaching and growing. We believe this is simply the best start you could give your children and young adults. Simply meet in the church. Sit with the kids at the front or you’re welcome in the pews with the adults you came along with. After the second hymn you go through to the hall for young church.
Any sponsor money from our walk on 18th August should be passed to Alan Mathew this Sunday after the service. Thanks in advance.
It is with sadness we intimate the death of Mrs Elizabeth Park. Mrs Parks funeral takes place today (Wednesday 11th) at 12.30pm in the church followed by commital at 1.30pm at Holytown. Please remember the family at this time.
Heart and Sole, our walking group, next meets for a walk on Tuesday 17th September at 7pm at the church. This is an open group and anyone is welcome to come along. We enjoy a brisk 45minute walk followed by tea back at the hall. Two legged and four legged creatures equally welcome!
Our church bowls club resumed last week, and it was great to have them back making the hall busy! They meet on Wednesday nights (tonight) at 7.00pm in the church halls. All are most welcome. The members enjoy a not to serious game of bowls but still very competitive followed by Bellshill’s best cuppa, and maybe some of Betty’s baking.
Our activities are starting up after the summer.
- Our Rainbows, Brownies and Guides all are meeting throughout the week. There are still some places available but please register online at https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/information-for-parents/register-your-daughter/
- Music Makers and Shakers have classes on Wednesday mornings and you are promised a fun time if you come along, Arlene looks forward to seeing you. Book your place at https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/
- Bowls meet on Wednesdays at 7.00pm in the church halls.
- Church choir meets Friday night at 7.15pm. New singers welcome, especially men.
- Friday Night club are once again meeting in Fridays at 7.30pm in the church hall on a fortnightly basis. Bring your crafts. Table tennis is available for the more energetic and card making and various projects for Christmas take place. Next club is on 4th
October due to the quiz night taking place.
- Friday 13th September at 7.15pm, church choir resumes
- Sunday 15th September at 11am, the church guild lead our service.
- Tuesday 17th September at 7.00pm Heart and Sole walking group
- Friday 20th September at 7.00pm, our annual Church quiz. Tickets available. Get your teams organised. Teams maximum size 5 players. PLEASE NOTE: NO FRIDAY NIGHT CLUB OR CHOIR THAT NIGHT.
- Monday 7th October our church guild resumes at 7.30pm with a communion service. All existing members look forward to meeting up, new members are welcome, and yiu don’t have to be a member (or a lady!) to come along to try us out.
Our church buildings are available to hire for the whole community. Whether you’re after a large hall, a small office or the church itself, we have spaces available to suit. We have a cuy functional kitchen with ample room to prepare food etc.
We have a fully accessible disabled toilet with baby changing facilities. Our halls and church are fitted with WiFi. The church has large screens and sound system suitable for meetings and presentations. Our hall has portable audio visual equipment available
Finally, we invite you to join with our minister in his weekly YouTube podcasts. Look up Kevin de Beer on YouTube. His inspirational and thoughtful messages are watched all around the world. You can also look at some of his archive videos from his Word on Wednesday series, or 21 words