We extend a very warm welcome to everyone to come along and be part of our growing church family here at your town centre Church – Bellshill Central Parish Church – at 346 Main Street. Our presence and witness has been proclaiming the Good News for over 143 years and we would encourage you to #comeasyouare to our #faithfamily on Sundays mornings and to one of our groups that meet throughout the week. We’re very much a community based church and we have no airs or graces. Our services are relaxed and friendly, with something for adults and children.
This coming Sunday, 29th September, our service is taken by our Minister, the Rev’d Kevin de Beer. The theme is Jesus turns the water into wine. The readings are Psalm 23 and John 2:1-11. Hymns include Stuart Townend’s Come people of the Risen King, The Trumpets sound the angels sing, Stuart Townend’s The Lord’s my shepherd, The King of Love my Shepherd is. All are welcome to join us in worship.
The service will be live streamed Via our website and YouTube channel for those wishing to take part live or later on catch up. If you would like a tape, CD or dvd of the service these can be made available by speaking to Drew Aitken.
Young Church continues each Sunday for anyone of school age. We also have crèche facilities for the youngest of visitors. Our activities promote an atmosphere of learning teaching and growing. We believe this is simply the best start you could give your children and young adults. Simply meet in the church. Sit with the kids at the front or you’re welcome in the pews with the adults you came along with. After the second hymn you go through to the hall for young church.
Heart and Sole, our walking group, next meets for a walk on Tuesday 1st October at 7pm at the church. This is an open group and anyone is welcome to come along. We enjoy a brisk 45minute walk followed by tea back at the hall. Two legged and four legged creatures equally welcome! We started the group for summer walks, but as long as the weather holds up and nights are too dark we will continue through autumn.
Many thanks to Hugh and Nikki for organising our Annual Quiz night, on Friday 20th. We had teams from all over our church family and also welcomed a team from the West Church. The West Church team topped the league table with just one point! The top four teams were all just separated by one point each! It was a close run night. Thanks to Stan for organising our sausage rolls, to Anne, Sheena and Susan for organising the kitchen.
Our church bowls club meet on Wednesday nights (tonight) at 7.00pm in the church halls. All are most welcome. The members enjoy a not to serious game of bowls but still very competitive followed by Bellshill’s best cuppa, and maybe some of Betty’s baking.
Appeal from the Foodbank –
They have ran out of carrier bags which are needed to give out the various food parcels. If you can help out the Foodbank you can leave any carrier bags at the church anytime we are open. There will be a box in the large hall, or you can pass to Lawson or Jean Kyle at the Church. You help is greatly appreciated in this important outreach program.
- Our Rainbows, Brownies and Guides all are meeting throughout the week. There are still some places available but please register online at https://www.girlguiding.org.uk/information-for-parents/register-your-daughter/
- Music Makers and Shakers have classes on Wednesday mornings and you are promised a fun time if you come along, Arlene looks forward to seeing you. Book your place at https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/
- Bowls meet on Wednesdays at 7.00pm in the church halls.
- Church choir meets Friday night at 7.15pm, in the church hall. New singers welcome, especially men.
- Friday Night club next meets on 4th October at 7.30pm in the church hall, then on a fortnightly basis. Bring your crafts. Table tennis is available for the more energetic and card making and various projects for Christmas take place.
- Sunday 6th October is our Harvest Service. We look forward to a Soup and Sandwich lunch served in the hall afterwards. Tickets for catering purposes available from Sunday 29th September from Jane or any of the fund raising team.
- Monday 7th October our church guild resumes at 7.30pm with a communion service. All existing members look forward to meeting up, new members are welcome, and you don’t have to be a member (or a lady!) to come along to try us out.
- Sunday 27th October at 6.30pm we have our next Big Sing – Old and New. Supporting another great charity. The same great Bellshill Central Cuppa and welcome awaits you!
- Sunday 3rd November at 6.30pm we are holding a Time to Remember Service which offers you a quiet, reflective safe space, giving you an opportunity to remember a loved one, a difficult circumstance, we will offer prayers, music and welcome. This is for our whole Town, our doors are open and offer an invitation to you.
Our church buildings are available to hire for the whole community. Whether you’re after a large hall, a small office or the church itself, we have spaces available to suit. Our Church Hall is equally suited to dance classes, coffee mornings or birthday parties. We have a spacious and functional kitchen with ample room to prepare food etc. We have a fully accessible disabled toilet with baby changing facilities. Our halls and church are fitted with WiFi. The church has large screens and sound system suitable for meetings and presentations. Our hall has portable audio visual equipment available upon request.
Finally, we invite you to join with our minister in his weekly YouTube podcasts. Look up Kevin de Beer on YouTube. His inspirational and thoughtful messages are watched all around the world. You can also look at some of his archive videos from his Word on Wednesday series, or 21 words.