Sunday worship continues at 11am each Sunday morning at 346 Main Street – Bellshill Central Parish Church. Our church is Central to Christ, Central to Bellshill and Central to YOU! For 143 years we have shouted out the Good News of Jesus Christ and of His love for one and all. We offer a warm and generous welcome to all, on Sundays or throughout the week at any of our week day activities and groups. Our minister, Rev’d Kevin de Beer, loves being in our Faith Family and reaching outwards into the communities of Bellshill Town Centre, Mossend and Orbiston. As the Church of Scotland Parish for Central Bellshill, including the Town Centre, we want to you be part of what is a wonderful community of fellowship and faith. Please simply #comeasyouare!
This Sunday morning, 8th December, join us at 11.00am at the church at 346 Main Street right at the Centre of our town. This is our ADVENT Communion, where we share in the bread and wine – another great symbolic act of the Church. We light our Second Advent Candle. Our minister, Rev’d Kevin leads us in worship. Our theme is Prepare to meet thy God and the bible readings are Isaiah 11:1-10, and Matthew 3:1-12, read by a church member. Songs include Ye gates lift up your heard, Make way for Christ the King and The word of God goes out to all the world. The service will be live streamed via our website and YouTube channel for those wishing to take part live or later on catch up. If you would like a tape, CD or DVD of the service these can be made available by speaking to Drew Aitken.
- On duty this Sunday and looking forward to welcoming you are: M Mills, M Matthew, C Bryden, A Guy, D Hudson and S Bowman
- A RETIRING OFFERING WILL BE TAKEN TO SUPPORT THE WORK FOR STROKE SUPPORT/SURVIVORS.
THIS WEEK @ CENTRAL
- Wednesday Music Makers (all morning); Bowls 7pm; Choir 7.15pm (Extra Practise)
- Thursday Brownies 6pm; Guides 7.45pm
- Friday Choir 7.15pm
- Sunday 11.00am Communion service with Crèche and Young Church (retiring offering, for Stroke Support/Survivors)
- Monday 1.30pm, Christmas Arrangements with Catriona Blyth
- Tuesday 6.00pm Rainbows meet
THANKS TO ALL for all who came along and supported our start of Christmas Celebrations on 30th November. Over 50 Christingles were made at our very first Christingle Service and this was enjoyed by all – young and old! Then our Afternoon Tea with Santa was a roaring success with even more folks managing along than EVER before. Santa made his visit mid-way after some enthusiastic singing of Jingle Bells. Everyone got a gift and were very grateful. We thank those who organised and led the Christingle Service and the Fundraising Ladies and Gents who so ably hosted the Afternoon Teas. Over £1,000 has now been raised for our Church Funds!
AS THE CHURCH FOR THE TOWN CENTRE HERE IN BELLSHILL, OUR OUTREACH THIS CHRISTMAS CONTINUES WITH NCLUDES OUR OUR ANNUAL SING A SONG FOR CHRISTMAS CHARITY NIGHT AND COMMUNITY TIME TO REMEMBER SERVICE WITH OUR PARTNERS FOSTER’S FUNERAL DIRECTORS.
The SING A SONG FOR CHRISTMAS takes place on Wednesday 11th December at the church beginning at 7pm. We will have our usual Christmas Carols and songs, and look forward to hearing the children from Lawmuir and Mossend Primary Schools. We’ll have some “funny jokes”, games and interaction. All are welcome, families especially. OUR CHARITY IS CHRIS’S HOUSE a very worthwhile cause locally for us – Centre for Help, Response & Intervention Surrounding. We will have refreshments afterwards.
COMMUNITY TIME TO REMEMBER SERVICE is on Wednesday 18th December at 7pm here in Bellshill Central Parish Church. This is a community event where you can remember a loved one lost recently, or some time ago. Afterwards you are invited to Foster’s offices (a few doors away) for a tea or coffee.
CHRISTMAS DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Wednesday 11th December – 7.00pm Sing a Song for Christmas at the Church with Lawmuir and Mossend Primary schools. Supporting Chris’s House local charity. Remember your Christmas Jumpers!
- Sunday 15th December – 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight, followed by Mulled Wine and Mince pies.
- Wednesday 18th December – 7pm Community Time to Remember Service
- Sunday 22nd December – 11am Choir Service with Music and Carols
- Tuesday 24th December – 7pm Christmas Eve Family Service – Remember your Christmas Jumpers!
Our church buildings are available to hire for the whole community. Whether you’re after a large hall, a small office or the church itself, we have spaces available to suit. Our Church Hall is equally suited to dance classes, coffee mornings or birthday parties. We have a spacious and functional kitchen with ample room to prepare food etc. We have a fully accessible disabled toilet with baby changing facilities. Our halls and church are fitted with WiFi. The church has large screens and sound system suitable for meetings and presentations. Our hall has portable audio visual equipment available upon request.
Check out our online presence at