Morning worship on Sunday 11 December takes place at 10.45am at Bellshill Central Church, 346 Main Street. This is the 3rd Sunday of Advent. Our minister, Rev Kevin de Beer, will lead worship including the Sacrament of Communion. Our readings are taken from Matthew 2:9-12 and Matthew 10:34-42. Our hymns will include Hark! The herald angels sing and Great is Thy faithfulness. Activities for children and young adults are available in our Young Church groups that meets during the service. All are warmly welcome to our service of worship. We’re a warm and welcoming church family at the heart of Bellshill. We would love to see you join us.
SING A SONG FOR CHRISTMAS – Bellshill Central’s Annual Christmas Concert takes place on THURSDAY 8TH DECEMBER in the Church at 7pm. We are supporting the Orbiston Neighbourhood Centre this year with all donations received going there. Mossend Primary School Choir, SoundSational Community Choir, our Rainbows, Brownies and Guides, Church Choir and the super Fiona MacDonald are all headlining acts to wow you with Christmas Music and Songs. Of course there are Carols for all – it wouldn’t be Christmas with no Carols would it? Alan Mathew, organist at the church says “Please do come along and support us as we once again come together in song at Christmas. It is important that we do so as a church and community, where we support the Neighbourhood Centre which is an integral part of Bellshill. We are looking forward to seeing and hearing all the different acts that are taking part, and we will have our usual Best Bellshill Cuppa” afterwards”
Over £800 has been raised by Anne Guy’s clothes shows this year, all towards church funds. Many thanks to Anne Guy for organising these great fund raising and social events and to those who came along and supported.
Our church guild meets this coming week on Monday 12th December at 1.30pm for a Christmas Celebration afternoon with Carols and Mince pies. Sheena and Rena will lead devotions and give thanks. All ladies and gents are welcome to come along to a warm and welcoming group, full of fellowship. Full event details for the year are available online. January meetings recommence on Monday 9th January.
Church choir next meets on Wed 7th Dec for Practise at 7.30pm, Wed 14th Dec for Practise at 7.30pm, Thurs 15th Dec for Practise at 7.30pm, and Sunday 18th Dec for Practise at 9.45am. All are welcome to come along and join us. We are currently working towards our involvement in Christmas Services and the Sing a Song for Christmas Concert.
The Friday night club has finished for 2016 with a Christmas party last week. The new session will commence in Jan 2017. This is a fun, friendly, family club for all ages. Table Tennis, Crafts, Games, and refreshments.
Christmas at Central!
- Thursday 8th December – 7pm – Sing a Song for Christmas – raising funds for Orbiston Neighbourhood Centre. Guest acts include SoundSational, Mossend Primary School Choir, Church Brownies, Guides and Rainbows, the Fabulous Fiona MacDonald (female vocalist) and our own Church Choir. Come along for festive fun and cheer.
- Sunday 11th December – 10.45am – 3rd Sunday of Advent with Holy Communion.
- Sunday 18th December – 10.45am – 4th Sunday of Advent with the Choir.
- Sunday 18th December – 7pm – Carols by Candlelight. The Church will be candle lit and you are invited. Bring your torch along or simply use your camera phone as a torch to add to the atmosphere.
- Saturday 24th December – 7.30pm (please note correct time) – Christmas Eve – All Age Nativity Service.
- Sunday 25th December – 10.30am (please note the earlier time) – Christmas Day – All age service.
Our Church YouTube channel is now live! We are now uploading our worship services online and please visit and worship with us. We are especially pleased to see people worshipping with us when they can, using their PC or tablet or mobile device. Please like our videos and send us a message. Whether you worship with us in person or online you are part of our church family.