SUNDAY worship takes place within Bellshill Central Parish Church on Sunday 9th December at 11.00am.This is the Second Sunday of Advent, and our Second candle is lit by a member of the congregation.
Hymns include, Ye gates, Make way, Hark the glad sound and Will your anchor hold. This service includes the Sacrament of Holy Communion. We have a retiring offering in aid of the work of the RNLI. All welcome. #comeasyouare
Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
Many thanks to all who came along and supported our Chrisrtmas Celebration last Saturday. It was a wonderful afternoon of Carols and Fellowship. Thanks to Hugh Ainsley and Kev De Beer for leading us in our Reflective Carol Service and to the ladies and gents of the Fund Raising group for arranging Afternoon Tea with Santa. We also managed to raise around £800 for Church funds in the process. Once again thank you.
SING A SONG FOR CHRISTMAS
Please make a note of this date for the whole Community. Thursday 13th December at 7.00pm in Bellshill Central Parish Church. We once again have this special Christmas Concert which features Lawmuir and Mossend Primary School Choirs. There will be a joint Churches choir from Central and West Churches. There is no tickets, just a voluntary donation. The money raised will be directly supporting Woman’s aid in Motherwell and District. There is something for all, and plenty of opportunity to sing your well loved carols and songs. Refreshments will be served in the Hall afterwards. #singasongforchristmas
Candle Light Carols
Sunday 16th December at 6.30pm in the Church. Free entry, no donations, refreshments served afterwards. All are welcome to this special service designed to bring that personal message from members of the church and community. Bring a torch or battery powered candle to add to the ambience.
Service of Lessons and Carols
On Sunday 23rd December at 11.00am our Church Choir presents 5 lovely choir carols, interspersed with Hymn Carols and bible readings. The choir carols include Bob Chilcott’s Away in a Manger, Adam’s O Holy night and John Rutter’s Star Carol. Member of Bellshill Central retired minister, Jim Grier, will read the lessons and lead us in prayer. Please do come along for another special service. There is lots of opportunity to sing well loved carols.
Wednesday’s are busy at Central Church and include:
- Carpet bowls continues Wednesday at 7.00pm in the hall. Captain of the club, the right honourable James Mackie, looks forward to welcoming all aboard!!!! Let the antics commence. You don’t need to be a master bowler to come along, just a good sense of humour and plenty of fun. You’ll get on fine!
- Music makers and shakers classes are every week during term time. Wednesday mornings in the church hall at 10am and 11am. NB: Music makers and shakers have details of their current term available on their own Facebook page.
- The Bellshill Probus club continues on the 1st and 3rdWednesdays of the month. The meeting is at 1pm and meet in our church hall. Warm welcome awaits you. The secretary is Mr conqueror and will be pleased to see you.
- The Church choir meet on Friday 7th December in the Church Hall at 7.30pm. If you hear the strains of Away in a Manger or O Holy night don’t worry – we’re just busy getting ready for all the carol services. Any members from the West Church should come along on Friday for our joint choir for Sing a Song for Christmas. The next two practises are held on Wednesday 12th December and Wednesday 19thDecember – both at 7.30pm
- Our BROWNIE pack continues this Thursday at 6.00pm in our church hall. Please contact us via the Brownie page on the website to register or ask any enquiries. The Guides meet at 7.45pm also in the Church Hall.
- Monday 10th December sees our Church Guild meeting at 1.30pm in the Church Hall. All ladies and gents in the community are welcome to come along.
- Tuesdays sees our Rainbow pack meeting in the Church hall from 6.00pm. Please see our website for a link to Guiding UK where you can find out more and register your daughter’s interest in this pack or other local groups.
- West Church Big Sing on 10th December. If anyone from Bellshill Central wants to take part in their own joint choir please see Alan Mathew asap to let the West Church organist know.
Our church website has been updated with a new address – http://www.bellshillcentral.church
Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. Please visit the updates which happen regularly, including News Items, details of our worship services, the Church Tour that continues this week with a look the Communionware that we use when we celebrate the Sacrament, plus historical information.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is email@example.com
- Sunday 9th December – communion service at 11am for 2nd Sunday of Advent – Retiring offering for the RNLI
- Thursday 13th December – Sing a Song for Christmas in aid of women’s aid at 7.00pm, with Lawmuir and Mossend Primary Schools.
- Sunday 16th December at 11.00am morning service; and 6.30pm Carols by Candlelight with teas afterwards.
- Sunday 23rd December – choir led service of lessons and carols at 11.00am
- Monday 24th December – Christmas eve (7.00pm) (teas afterwards)
- Sunday 30th December – End of year songs of praise at 11.00am