We hope that everyone who enters these doors will find an encouraging, friendly group of people. While we are far from perfect, we are regularly discovering truths that are changing us individually and enriching our lives as a church community. As we worship together, learn from the Bible, and pray for one another, we are strengthened in our commitment to Jesus Christ as well as to each other. If this is your first time here, we welcome you, and invite you to share the joy that we have found.
This coming Sunday, 3rd February 2019, our minister Kevin de Beer continues his new sermon series based on his book Fifteen Minutes to Read. This week’s theme is “JOSEPH AND HIS FAMILY”. The bible readings are Genesis 37:1-11 and Matthew 5:13-16. Our hymns include Brother Sister Let me serve you, God moves in a mysterious way, and a great new hymn for us by Chris Tomlin “How Great is our God”.
Annual Burns Lunch Celebration
Last Sunday (27th January) we delighted in the Baptism of Isabella Murray Hargrave, little sister of Florence. Isabella’s gran, Jean Hargrave, is a member of Bellshill Central Parish Church. Little Isabella had a special sung blessing as part of her baptism in memory of her late Grand-dad Robert. We sang May the God, Mighty Lord to the tune of Edelweiss, one of Robert’s favourite tunes.
Give them a good start – start the Central Way.
All welcome. #comeasyouare ** Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
ORGANISATIONS MEET AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES
1. Wednesday at 7.00pm the church bowls club meets. Experienced player or not, you would be welcome to come along.
2. Wednesday mornings the Music Makers and Shakers Classes continue at 10.00am and 11.00am. Please check out their own website for more details. They meet each week in our Church Hall. https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/info/659
3. Thursdays – the Brownies and Guides meet. The Brownies meet at 6.15pm an the Guides meet at 7.45pm. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
4. The Church Choir meets for weekly practise on Friday at 7.30pm in the Church. We have Easter and Holy week to prepare for, so are starting early! New members welcome. Love of Music and Singing – we’ll supply the rest!
5. Monday afternoon (Monday 4th February) The Church Guild meets — Open to both ladies and gents — at 1.30pm. The have a speaker from “Embrace” called Douglas Callander. Devotions by Helen Daly and Vote of thanks by Helen Clark.
6. Rainbows continue on Tuesdays at 6.00pm in the church hall. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
7. The Church’s Friday night club next meets on 8th February at 7.30pm in the Church Hall. They meet fortnightly in the church hall, and have activities for ALL AGES and interests. Crafting, table games, table tennis, toys for the youngsters, Wi-Fi enabled hall. Copious amounts of tea/coffee and goodies!
Board and Session Members are reminded of the next meeting on Tuesday 12th February at 7.30pm, minutes are available from the minute clerks – Cathie Bryden and Sheena Bowman.
Our church website has been updated with a new address – http://www.bellshillcentral.church – Please update your bookmarks and browsers – and have a look at all the activities that take place. Please visit the updates which happen regularly, including News Items, details of our worship services, and the Church tour. There are links to our #YouTube channel, #Facebook and #Twitter pages where even more information and insights can be found. Nip online to look at what’s happening.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Check out Kevin’s very own YouTube Channel where he reaches out to our local community sharing insight, thought and reflection, with his current journey called #21words. A link to his channel is available from our website, or simply look up Kevin de Beer. Subscribe and continue to follow his inspirational messages. Kevin’s latest video blogs include themes of Now, Nowhere or is it Now Here, Named, and Affirmed. Some videos have had nearly 300 views – help spread the news of Kevin’s online ministry far and wide.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES
Should you be unable to attend worship but would like to share in the recorded services, you can do so LIVE each Sunday from 11:00am via the Church’s website and also our Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated regularly. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold.