Our Sunday services continue each week at 11am at 346 Main Street, where we encourage you to #comeasyouare to worship and experience the warmth and love of a Christian family on a journey of faith together.
This coming Sunday, 10th March 2019, our minister Kevin de Beer continues his new sermon series based on his book Fifteen Minutes to Read. This week’s theme is “The Healing Power of Forgiveness”. THE SACRAMENT OF HOLY COMMUNION IS CELEBRATED DURING THE SERVICE. All are most welcome. Retiring offering for Scottish Autism.
The bible readings are Psalm 51 and Luke 15: 1-10. Our hymns include a Lenten Hymn, God forgave my sin, How deep the father’s love and Search me O God. Multimedia duty this week by Josh Mills and Lyle McGleish from our Young Church.
Sunday school children meets each Sunday morning. Children from P1 to S6 are welcome to come along to church, and either gathers in the front pews or in the hall. You’re guaranteed a warm welcome, perhaps some hot chocolate and fun activities.
All welcome. #comeasyouare ** Please do come and take part in our worship our doors are always open and a warm welcome awaits you. The service is live streamed as usual via our YouTube channel just visit our website to take part.
Lent begins on 6th March and during this period we will share daily thoughts and reflections via our church website, Facebook and twitter sites. Please follow and take part in this season of reflection and prayer.
ORGANISATIONS MEET AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES (beginning week commencing Wednesday 6th March)
- Wednesday and Friday night this week, the church choir meets at 7.15pm. Members from the West Church are invited along as we start our Holy Week rehearsals.
- Wednesday at 7.00pm the church bowls club meets. Experienced player or not, you would be welcome to come along.
- Wednesday mornings the Music Makers and Shakers Classes continue at 10.00am and 11.00am. Please check out their own website for more details. They meet each week in our Church Hall. https://musicmakersandshakers.class4kids.co.uk/info/659
- Thursdays – the Brownies and Guides meet. The Brownies meet at 6.15pm and the Guides meet at 7.45pm. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- Friday night – the Friday night club meets in the hall from 7.30pm. All ages welcome, and families too. Games, table crafts, table games, table tennis. Coffee and tea, and goodies!!!!
- Monday afternoon (Monday 11th March) The Church Guild meets — Open to both ladies and gents — at 1.30pm.
- Rainbows continue on Tuesdays at 6.00pm in the church hall. All existing girls are welcomed back. Any new girls need to register via the website.
- Also on Tuesday the Kirk Session and Church Board meets for meetings in the Hall at 7.30pm.
ADVANCE DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Friday 1st March is World Day of Prayer. Services at 3pm at the Salvation army and 7pm in Burnhead Church, Uddingston. (please note correct time)
- Saturday 30th March – DAFFODIL TEA – 1pm ato 3pm. Tickets are £5 for adults and for the under 16yrs only £1. Tea, Coffee and cakes. Easter Gifts and Eggs. Tombola with a Yellow Theme!
- Sunday 14th April straight after church, Palm Sunday with Hot Cross Bun Lunch after the Service. No Charge. A special thank you to all our loyal and generous church members
- Monday 15th April – 7.00pm Special service at Bellshill Central to start Holy Week, with a combined choir presenting portions of STAINER’S CRUCIFIXION with readers telling the Holy week story. ALL WELCOME.
- Joint holy week services will take place Wednesday 17th to Friday 19th April all starting at 7.00pm in the Living Waters Church. All town centre churches are invited along.
- Sunday 21st April – Easter Sunday. 9.00am Early Morning Service outdoors in the Church Garden followed by Breakfast in the Church Hall. 11.00am All Age Family Service with Communion.
- Sunday 12th May at 3pm – Start of Christian Aid week with a BIG SING for all – held at Bellshill Central Parish Church – raising funds for CHRISTIAN AID
LOOKING TO HIRE A HALL OR ROOM? We have spaces on most Monday & Tuesday evening’s, Friday mornings and afternoons, most Saturday’s all day, and Sunday afternoon and evening. Competitive hourly rates for this central location with parking directly opposite.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our Prayer page on our website (look for the prayer button at the top) – there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for. We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is email@example.com