Sunday worship takes place at Bellshill Central Parish Church at 346 Main Street, on Sunday 12th March 2017 at our normal time of 10.45am, when our Minister Rev’d Kevin de Beer will conduct worship and our Young Church and children’s activities will be available. Our service includes the Sacrament of Holy Communion and all are welcomed to participate in this special sacrament. Our bible readings are from 1st Corinthians 11:20-26 and John 17:20-26, and our sung praise includes Be thou my vision, I am the bread of life and O worship the King all glorious above. The theme is “Paul & the Lord’s Supper”. Visitors are always welcome to come along.
Lent – Prayer in Lent – #prayerinlent – our Minister is leading the Community in prayer and reflection throughout the season of Lent, please check out facebook – look at our page or look up the hashtag #prayerinlent to catch all the activity. This is our second online initiative with our minister, we hope that the daily updates will reach out to everyone.
We are starting to prepare for our Easter Passion Play taking place on Easter Sunday. It will once again involve all ages and anyone is welcome to take part. We need people to play our roles, be part of a crowd, and to join our Jerusalem Singers! Contact us at the church if you want to take part. Easter Sunday is one of our major services to which we welcome anyone from our town to take part in the day we celebrate the Lord Jesus raising to life.
Looking towards the Summer months we are proposing to pilot a weekly end of say service (Sundown Services) in our Church to which all are warmly welcomed to attend. The services may take place mid-week on Wednesday’s around 7.30pm/8.00pm and last around 40minutes. Being led by different people/ministers and leaders means that these Sundown services will offer a theme, a song and a mood to suit everyone. Tea/Coffee and refreshments would be served either before or after. We think that this quieter time of the year calls for a way of coming together as a community to share stories, faith journey’s and time of fellowship together. If you would be keen to see this pilot take place please let us know. Either through our facebook page or via the button on our website’s home page.
We are a warm and welcoming church at the heart of our town — Central Church is Central to Bellshill, Central to Christ and Central to YOU!
We are a Parish Church, and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Our minister, Rev Kevin de Beer, is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. Each week in our Sunday Service we offer prayers for those needing remembered. If you would like to add names to our prayers, or require the services of your local Parish Church please get in touch – contact details are available on our website and our church notice board.
Our organisations give a warm invitation, and you are warmly welcomed to come and join in:
- The Church Guild – open to both men and women – next meets on Monday 13th March at 1.30pm. This will be one of our popular Catch Up sessions, and devotions and thanks will be given by Emma Smith. Tuesday 14th is our trip to New Kilpatrick in Bearsden to visit our Link-up guild, please note the bus leave Bellshill Central at 1pm.
- The Church Choir meets on Thursday 9th March at 7.30pm, in the church – please note the change of day this week. We are a friendly bunch of folks who have fun and sing together. Tea time is always a highlight. We are always looking for new members.
- Our Brownie Pack meets on Thursdays at 6.15pm, and all girls aged 7-10 years are welcome to come along. The Brownie Adventure is about trying new things that teach girls about themselves, their community and their world. The Brownie programme deserves to be called an Adventure. The name reflects the world of new opportunities, challenges and fun that girls become part of when they join.
- Our Rainbows meet on Tuesday nights at 7pm for all girls aged 5-7years. Rainbows – it’s all about learning, it’s all about developing self-confidence, building friendships, learning new things and having fun. Girls get their hands dirty with arts and crafts, getting in touch with nature and playing games – it’s all about learning by doing. Rainbows follow a diverse and engaging programme called the Rainbow Jigsaw, through which they can take part in lots of different activities with girls their own age.
- The Church Guides continue to meet on Thursday’s from 7.45pm for girls aged 10-14 years. The Guide programme is simply what you’ll do as a Guide – from taking part in lots of exciting activities at regular meetings, to special events and trips away. What you do is up to you. You will choose from different badges and awards which will help you learn new skills and try new challenges. You can do some programme independently, and others in small groups of Guides known as Patrols.
- The Bellshill Probus club meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm in the church hall. This is an open club for all local men. Come along and ask for Mr Conquer who will be only too pleased to welcome you to the group.
- Our Church bowling club meets on Wednesdays in the Church hall at 7 pm. This is a group for all abilities. Here you’ll find a group of friendly competitors, who offer a friendly and supportive environment. A weekly treat of tea and cakes are served up in-between ends.
- Our Friday Night ALL-AGE Club has returned for 2017 on Friday nights at 7pm in the Church Hall, next meeting on Friday 10th March. This bi-weekly club has activities for all ages, table tennis, crafts, games, and refreshments served. Adults, Children and Families come back time and time again.
Advance dates for your diary
- The Stated Annual meeting of our Church takes place on Sunday 19th March straight after our Morning Service. Please do stay behind and support your Session and Board, as they present the report on year 2016 and financial accounts. We will discuss the year ahead and plan our growth as a church and community.
- Holy Week services are due to start on Wednesday 12th April and will be held in Bellshill Central Parish Church. These are town services and will be Led by Rev Darren Barlow, Rev Kevin de Beer and members of the Living Waters Church. Look out for notices outside the church for details of each night. Please do take this opportunity to share in these joint services preparing for Easter.
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
Check out our online activities – our website at www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com, www.facebook.com/bellshillcentralchurch and our YouTube channel. You can find our more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos.