If you’re looking for a church that this Central to Christ, Central to you and Central to Bellshill then look no further! Here you will find a church and a people with a real heart and soul for worship, who enjoy fellowship and socialising throughout the week. We’re on a journey together, come and join us.
This coming Sunday’s service, Sunday 4th March 2018, is at 11.00am when our Minister, Rev’d Kevin de Beer, leads us in morning worship for All Ages. This is the first Sunday of the Month so we have our regular refreshments after the service in the hall. Please do stay behind for tea/coffee and biscuits. The theme for this week is Aggression – and also the 3rd Sunday in Lent
Our hymns this week include Sing for God’s Glory, Give thanks with a Grateful Heart & The Heart of Worship. Our bible readings are Exodus 20:1-17, Psalm 19 (Call to worship), 1 Corinthians 1:18-25 & John 2:13-22. Crèche facilities are available every Sunday for the youngest of Children. We would be delighted to welcome you. Let us build a house where all can dwell – All are welcome in this place!
A huge thanks to everyone who supported the Lanarkshire Organists/Bellshill Central and Dalziel St Andrew’s songs of praise in Sunday 25th February. The service was held at Dalziel St Andrew’s Church – and thanks to Rev’s Derek Hughes and Kevin de Beer, and organists Eric Geddes and Alan Mathew. Over five hundred pounds was raised for St Andrew’s Hospice on the night – well done everyone.
Saturday 10th March at 2.30pm our Church hosts a concert organised by Lanarkshire Organists. It is a choral concert with Schola Benedicti. The choir are really quite accomplished. They sang in the Vatican last year for His Holiness The Pope. Tickets are £5, available from the Church, or simply pay at the door.
Next week we celebrate communion (Sunday 11th March) at 11.00am. All are indeed welcome.
During this service we will present long service certificates to members of the Kirk Session and Young People’s team. This is a major occasion for the people who have service this and other churches over the past decades.
Our elders receiving certificates have 260 years service between them! Young Church leaders have 120 years between them. That’s 380 years service in one day to celebrate!
Our organisations meet this week on the following days and time – a warm welcome awaits you:
- Wednesday at 10am Movers and Shakers, 1pm Probus CLub and 7pm Carpet Bowls.
- Thursday at 6pm the Brownies and 7.45pm the Guides
- Friday at 7.30pm Church Choir in Church Hall
- Saturday at 10am Crazy toes dance school
- Sunday at 11am Young Church and our fabulous Crèche, with Sunday worship for All Ages
- Monday at 1.30pm the church guild meet and remember this group is open to both men and women – all welcome. Peggy Walker will offer our weekly devotions.
- Tuesday at 6pm Rainbows
- Other dates are on our Diary Dates page on the website. Please go online to check.
Some advance dates:
- Tuesday 13th March 7.30pm Board and Session meetings in the Church Hall.
- Sunday 18th March straight after morning worship – our annual stated meeting. All members of Bellshill Central are urged to stay behind to hear our annual report and accounts for 2017, to give thanks for our achievements and plans for 2018.
- Sunday 25th March straight after the morning service – our annual Hot Cross Bun event in the Church halls. We have the usual selection of Hot Cross Buns, lashings of luscious butter and plenteous supply of tea and coffee.
- Sunday 1st April – Easter Sunday – check back for more info on Easter Day services and holy week joint worship with all Bellshill Churches being involved.
PRAYER & COMMUNITY
Please visit our new Prayer page on our website- there is an online prayer request form which will send your prayer direct to our minister, Rev Kevin. Prayer Requests – Our church has provided a Prayer Book which is situated in the main vestibule for anyone to pop in a note of concern or anxiety they would like prayer for.
We are a Parish Church and are here for you in times of joy and sadness. Kevin is available to the local community to offer spiritual support or to simply offer prayer. If there is something that you think your local church could be doing to offer services and/or support to our local community please get in touch via the Minister, Session Clerk, Facebook or website – Our church email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
WORD ON WEDNESDAY
Our minister, Revd Kevin December Beer, continues in his weekly “Word on Wednesday” via his own YouTube Channel. These are shared via our Facebook page, but the best way to keep in touch is to subscribe to Kevin’s channel. These short 5-10 minute videos focus on a reflection, bible passage and prayer. Kevin launched his “First Steps” book. Please look this up on Amazon, or contact Kevin for a copy as we hope to spread the Gospel message that little bit further in Bellshill and Mossend.
COMMUNITY HALLS AVAILABLE FOR USE
Our hall and facilities are available at other times during the week and are available to be hired for one-off occasions or longer term lets. Please get in touch with us if you need a space to hire. We have now installed Wi-Fi which means we can offer facilities for online events taking place in the church and halls.
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES
Our website, Facebook and our YouTube channel are updated weekly. Links are available on the links section of this site. You can find out more information on Sunday Services, Weekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos. We are LIVE on the Internet most Sunday mornings, and occasionally with other events we hold. These are usually streamed via YouTube, and links are available from our Facebook and website